Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

New Member; Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Default New Member; Los Angeles

New member from Los Angeles, CA.

I'm not yet a Porsche owner but hopefully will be soon. I have owned a Porsche in the past: a 1976 911 S in Ice Green Metallic on black. I bought it new when I was 25. One of my favorite automobiles despite the steep learning curve. It was determined to spit me into the ditch many times but eventually I think I convinced it that I was a worthy owner.

Anyway, I seem to be losing around $500 a day in the market and so perhaps it would be smarter to 'invest' in a 997 CS2.

It won't be my daily driver. For the most part it will be a 4x a month driver. I buy cars new and take care of them. When I do end up selling them they are what buyers are looking for: a well-maintained, serviced, and pampered good buy.

I'd prefer to wait for MY09 for the DI and minor facelifts.

But all of a sudden the Cayman S has entered the arena and now I'm addled. What a trip to drive! But also somewhat lacking, too.

However, I think I have to follow my heart (despite it not being somewhat rational) and choose what makes me happy. The 997 is not simply about performance but also brings a bit of nostalgia up for me. Perhaps that's worth it?

My dealer does have a new MY08 997 CS2 in White on Black. It's fairly base with a MT (what I want) and with Bose and power seats. Tempting as I can get it for a decent price.

Or maybe I should just buy a sensible BMW 328i wagon with a MT and forget all this!

Nice forum, btw. Not filled with testosterone laden teens reciting car magazine data as on the BMW and Audi forums.

Cheers.