Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

new to Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Default new to Porsche

Has anyone ever went to from 2 battery's to 1 in a 1971 911T. Trying to figure out why there are 2 in this car,

Old 11-29-2011, 06:49 AM
rbk

I first owned a Porsche in 1972 (Carrera) and thereafter 3 more 911's until 1981 when purchasing a European Turbo (they were not made in US that year) homologated it for DOT and EPA and then took all off when passed. The car spent more time on race tracks time trialing than the street. I have kept and maintained the car all these years . This year in April I purchased a 997 Twin Turbo This car now has Tubi Exhaust and I continue to "tinker" with it. Great car and drive it more than most of my other cars (pictures of both in album) .

Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM

injust bought a 02 911 and have no idea where the battery even is,.. i love this car but everything is so tight . i hate to think i have to disassemble the whole dang thing to get to any repair

Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 AM

i have a whole lot of things that the dealer said i needed.. cheap gas was the cause.. dealers are most likley full of crap.. they want a new water pump, clutch, and catalytic converters, i put 2000 miles on this car and it started acting funny, no power, coughing, rough idle, dash warnings...but after tanking up on 93 and drove 5 miles bingo al clear... or is this the calm before the storm?

Old 12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Default 71 911 runs

Drained the old gas, tinkered with the points and hit the starter and she fired up, put some Seafoam in the new gas and am letting that stuff work on the fuel system, Seems to be getting better each day, new to put new points and do a little timing work on it. Tried to find a new rotor for it, No luck on that one, was told I need to change to a Bosch system. ouch, Lot of cash there
Going to clean up the old rotor and try and get by. after I get done messing with it and see how it does on the road, i will see if I want to do the body work it needs on maybe just sell it like it is Time will tell on that one. I know I can part it out and make some good $$$, But don't really want to do that