Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

New to the Porsche community

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New to the Porsche community

ORIGINAL: PR MAN

Welcome to the forum. Hope you like it.

Lee - are you actually one of these heathens who drives his Porsche in the rain? Shame on you!!
PR MAN, contrary to popular belief, Porsches don't shrink in the wet!

What happens when you're caught in a freek rainstorm, do you find a bridge and hope you're not stuck there for a long time????

Porsches are driver's cars made to be driven hard, not wrapped in cotton wool. To do anything else with one (in my opinion) is a waste of a great sports car!

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-22-2005, 12:06 PM

Yeah, mine will not melt in the rain. Its a daily driver and it goes in rain -- and soon we will see, in snow?

I think PR MAN is just jerking my chain. From what I hear he even drives his 993 on gravel roads.

On the other hand I have a neighbor who never drives his in the rain and treats it like a sacred cow.

I think cars are meant to be driven, not babied.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 PM
PPM

Well some people treat their vehicles differently. It doesnt really matter if its a porsche or a honda civic, if the owner decides they want to baby the vehicle they will. The only vehicles I would treasure would be pure exotics including lamborghinis, ferrari', bugatti, vehicles which I really cannot own.

The main purpose of a porsche in my opinion is to stand out from the crowd. I have a lot of buddies with 996 turbos that treat their porsches as if it were a geo yet they still have a lot of respect for the vehicles. A porsche is made to be driven hard yet still comfortable enough to drive in the city.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:43 PM

I bought my Porsche because it is just a really nice car -- the name, image, and reputation really didn't mean anything. I think it is a perfect daily driver and weekend getaway car for people who only need two seats in the car. How well it does in snow remains to be seen -- my son says it will be the pits and he's usually right. We'll get by somehow.

When I was younger, the exotics had a real appeal to me. Now, for some reason, I'm not turned on by the Bugattis, Saleens, Lambos and Ferraris, or Carrera GT. The Aston Martins and the Bentley Continentals do have appeal, largely because they seem much more daily drivers.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Lee, they do fine in the snow.....you just have to start working the brakes 4 blocks earlier than everyone else

Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: PorscheDoc

Lee, they do fine in the snow.....you just have to start working the brakes 4 blocks earlier than everyone else
Or you could get yourself the latest Porsche accessory Lee(see pic)....or a Cayenne? Ha,ha!!!! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

May, I be the first to wish you all a very merry Christmas?!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1465/C4207AF7AC594CD7A7AF89350C73734C.jpg[/IMG]