Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Not a Porsche owner yet, but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Default Not a Porsche owner yet, but...

I certainly could use some help. I am new to this forum and have no working knowledge of Porsche aside from what I've seen and read. I am in the market for a used vehicle maybe even a 911 or Boxster. However, I am also an active duty member in the US Army. I have wanted a Porsche or Ferrari for as long as I can remember. My grandfather had a 82' Ferrari 308 GTS so I've kinda got a thing for the exotic types. But as I said I'm in the Army and I don't make enough for a Ferrari but I do make enough to buy a nice used Porsche. My question is "911 vs Boxster" what are the annual maintenance cost on average. Also what does it cost to get an oil change again on average. I am very worried that if I decide to buy a used Porsche I won't be able to afford the maintenance requirements and thus be unable to take care of the vehicle as it should be taken care of. I am very meticulous when it comes to the maintenance of my vehicles as most of you are, so you can see where I'm coming from. Any advice on this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again and have great night.