Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Rogcat1

Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Default Rogcat1

I'm new to this forum, have a 1986 944 Turbo in great shape. I have also joined the PCA in El Paso, Texas, and have had some fun at some of their events. I will probably be usng this forum often.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:19 PM

I hope you enjoy the forum, but frankly it is a bit slow here.

You live in a great place for sports cars. Fantastic roads and good driving weather. The single most memorable driving experience I have ever had was in 1975. I was driving from Arizona past El Paso east toward Houston on I-10 in a '67 3-liter Healey - slightly modified -- about 10% extra power and rpms, custom dual-dual exhaust, etc. It was a cool summer night after a cold front had come through and cleared the sky - thousands of stars and sweet desert air. I had the car in 4th overdrive at about 110 mph - rather fast for the early 70s, top down, just cruising fast. Very zen like - I was one with the car and the sky and the pencil beam driving lights lancing half a mile ahead on the arrow straight road.

I drive a Ferrari now, and love it, but that one drive through west Texas is still the best I ever had.

Search this Thread