Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Wuz goin' ONnnnnnn

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 03:34 AM
AZ
Default Wuz goin' ONnnnnnn

Howdie peeps,
I have a 85 1/2 944 and I am wanting to modify the front end to a 944 s turbo front end. Does anyone have any good ideas where i might find one. Also are they compatible? I am also looking to purchase new wheels, I have my heart set on some enkie's that I think would look absolutly awesome. However, I am forced to put 5x130 to 5x100 adapters on to do so. Is there someone with good knowledge as to wether this will work ok? I have been searching for months on end to get the wheels I want but only few options. I feel as if this is my last resort..
Anyway, It is awesome that there is a site such as this one. I am excited to get to know some of my fellow porsche owners.
Keep it floored
AZ

Old 04-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wuz goin' ONnnnnnn

You can put a turbo front end on, but you will need the front bumper cover, header panel, right and left fenders, and headlight covers to make it all fit. Once in awhile that stuff lands on ebay, i think the last "kit" someone was selling off a parts car started around 600 or so IIRC. As for the early offset you have, yes you will need spacers to make any late offset wheel fit, let alone aftermarket wheels.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Administrator

welcome to the site!! there is a guy on here that just redid his entire body...perhaps he could give yo some advice as to what to look for?

Old 05-01-2005, 04:43 AM
AZ

Thanks PorscheDoc I really appreciate it. That helps me understand it a little better. However it seems to be a hassle, Is it? Also I am getting the adapters 5x130 to 5x114.3 This is the only way to go if I want the wheels I so much desire. There really was'nt much to choose from otherwise. Oh' Well!
Anyway Thanks again
AZ

Old 05-01-2005, 04:46 AM
AZ

Thanks Patrick I'll keep my eyes open for 'em. I would appreciate any and as much advise as possible. I just think that this will eliminate alot of front end weight, and possibly add to the performance.
AZ

Old 05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Administrator

if you do it, let us get some before and after shots! [8D]