Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

Completed Ship

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Default Completed Ship

Thank you all for the birthday e-mails (I was really surprised and appreciate it immensely). This has nothing to do with Prosches (hence its here in Off topic), bu several asked about a picture of a completed ship model. This is one of my favorite pictures (and ship models): HMS Seine, a British 40-gun frigate of the Napoleonic wars with a just-captured privateer Rodeur in 1797, as I envision them about four hours after the capture with the Brits trying desprately to keep the Rodeur afloat (captain and crew share in the value of the ship if they get it to a friendly port - they succeeded). The Seine is an accurate model based on archived plans in Portsmouth naval museum, the Rodeur is pure imagination as no records exist (that I can find) but i had a lot of fun building a model of a ship blown to pieces!!! (Note the cannon shot holes in the hull).

[IMG]local://upfiles/1383/418A4B88DF14437B8B6C9CD2F9ADC958.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Default RE: Completed Ship

Lee:

Beautiful workmanship [sm=smiley20.gif] Must have taken you hours. Where do you find the time for family, cars and ships? Don't sleep much [sm=morning.gif]

Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 PM

Yeah, I sleep only about 4 hours a day. Always have, just lucky, or surved depending on your perspective. Anyway, thank you. How is you TT going? Are you going to buy it?

Old 02-13-2006, 09:07 PM

Lee:

Read my post today in the 911 section.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice workmanship Lee. I have an uncle who is an avid model ship builder, I was always fascinated with his and other's model ships since I was a child.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator

wow Lee, that is very, very nice...

when i was younger, i used to build exact models of people's classic cars, for the price of about 100 bucks, plus supplies...i did a few, and got out of it because i didnt like putting that much time into something, and not to have it anymore...i was so intricate as to have the body colors replicated by a body shop owned by a friend of my dad...i have recently purchased a few models, and i have been tinkering with them...my current project is a 1988 dodge daytona (yes im serious, but i own an 87)...maybe ill take some pictures once im done...but alot of the fine detail, like the painted speedometer/tach needles, and radio buttons are hard to capture on the camera...

Old 02-15-2006, 09:52 PM

Those car models can be fun, and just very interesting to work with when you are done. It takes a lot of detail, though. It is really cool that you own a Daytona and are doing a model of one, too.