Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

First Trip To Europe

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 09:56 AM
Default First Trip To Europe

We have booked our first trip to Europe this summer. We are so excited. It will be my wife and I with our 14 and 17 year old daughters.

I have booked my flights and airbnb/VRBO's already so our trip outline is set. This message board seems to have quite a bit of helpful people with experience traveling to these areas, so I thought I would share our schedule and see if any of you had good ideas for can't miss stops or places to eat aside from all the top rated tourist attractions (we will definitely make stops at the big attractions).

Any other travel or packing tips would be appreciated also.

Here is our itenerary:

June 10th- fly from Chicago to London (overnight)
June 11-15- London
Train from London to Paris
June 15-19- Paris
Flight from Paris to Rome
June 19-22- Rome
Train from Rome to Naples
June 22-24 Naples
Flight from Naples to Chicago

Thank you in advance for you help.

Old 03-24-2022, 05:52 AM

I am very happy for you. It is a wonderful event in your life. My first trip to Europe started with Germany. I was traveling with the help of dbfahrplan.com inside the country. The flight itself pleasantly surprised me. It was a small plane. I had the feeling that I was in a half-empty bus when I got on the board. I met an old man during my first evening walk. He came up and greeted me. That's when I fell in love with the country mentality. People are kind and responsive there. They will be happy to help you in any situation. Moreover, the architecture is divine. Roads, houses, and everything else are made in a magnificent style.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:42 PM

"As a European, I suggest you enjoy the walks through the old parts of the cities. Of course, you should visit the London Eye, Louvre, and Colosseum. But, from what I see, you are on a tight schedule. So waiting in all those lines would be a waste of time. As I'm trying to help you with your tour, someone helped me two years ago. I wanted for a long time to see the USA, and I booked a plane to Sarasota. I was lucky to know that I should avoid the Newton area of Sarasota. If people on this forum wouldn't be so receptive, I would probably be a victim of a pickpocketing there."

Last edited by CelestinaIlieva; 06-09-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 10:41 AM

Going on vacation alone is always a little scary, so it's good that you have company. I was going to travel alone this year, and planning a trip wasn't
easy. So I persuaded two of my friends to join me. All we had to do was choose a date and plan our route. We decided to visit several European countries, starting with Germany. Since we don't have much driving experience, we decided to travel by train. To do this, we turned to the website https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/, where we booked train tickets. I hope that the trip will be unforgettable.

Last edited by MorrisGoio; 06-21-2022 at 05:25 AM.