Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

Important Question for USA Porsche Owners

Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Default Important Question for USA Porsche Owners

Do Senator John McCain, Hilary Clinton, or Mr Obama like Porsche cars?
Might be another ingredient for the presidential race
Big Bob

Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Default RE: Important Question for USA Porsche Owners

According to Car and Driver magazine: McCain drives a Cadillac CTS sedan ( Motor Trend car of the year, same size and arguably better than a BMW 530, but regardless, American made), Hillary claims to drive a Mercury Mariner Hybrid (small, American made upscale but not luxury hybrid SUV), and Obama has a Chrysler 300C: this could be either a low-budget plain sedan in keeping with this background as a rather low-paid community organizer if it is just the V6 plain jane model, or if fitted out with the Hemi V8, blacked windows and aftermarket chrome 22" "ghetto cruiser" wheels, something that would fit right into the 'hood and bolster his image as a one of the local guys who just accidently happened to make it to head of law review in his class as Harvard Law School. (By the way, I am an avid supporter of Obama so I am not really poking too much fun at him).

I have no doubt that Hilary would not like to drive anything, including a Porsche (I see her as the type that sites in the back of a limo), that Obama would want one but his handlers would make him buy a 'vette to prove he is one of the guys. but McCain - the guy flew Navy combat jets, so yeah, he'd understand . . . I really respect him, by the way, and want him in the senate: I just don't want to see him in the White House.

And of course, don't forget Ralph Nader claims to be running (as if anyone cares): and he makes it well known he doesn't and has never owned a car. And a Porsche, with its engine in the rear? my God, that's just like a Corvair fer cryin' out loud, and we all know that is the mark of the aoutmotive devil!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:43 AM

Hi Lee. Thanks for that. I'm quite a fan of the 300C. Especially with the Optional front Grille which makes it look a bit like a Bentley!
In the UK the Diesel version is a good option!
Regards Big Bob

Old 05-18-2008, 12:29 PM

A few times a year, I have to deal with our localcongressman Elton Gallegly. He also drives a Chrysler 300. From what I understand, it's more of a government issue type of thing.Probably leased by the US government.