Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO DRIVE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Default FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO DRIVE!

Ok so I'm just gonna vent for a min here... Why are there so many beautiful Porsches out there with like 1,500 miles on them?! Am I the only person thats sees that as being crazy?! It's such an amazing car Go DRIVE IT! What good is having it if its not being driven...

Also I have a 2002 Boxster its my first one. I used to have a 2004 Subaru WRX STi. Both are very good looking cars (in my opinion) people would turn to look at both of them (a lot more look at the Porsche btw) but for the first time the other day I was sitting in the turn lane waiting for a red light and a guy pulled up beside me and was looking at my car. Which is fine, whatever. But he was checking it out so hard he sat through a green light! haha that never happened with my Subaru!

haha has anyone else had a similar observation?

Brent

Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Default RE: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO DRIVE!

Brent--personally, I love driving my 911 Targa, but don't use it as a daily driver. I only drive about 3-4k per year. It's even covered in the garage. In Colorado we get a lot of snow and my baby doesn't go out in crappy weather. It's also a cost issue as well...everything costs more to replace through fair wear and tear.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:34 PM

Yea I think it depends where you live. I'm in Wisconsin so prolly 4-6 months driving for me, and that along with avoiding "crappy weather" as stated above.

PS: As having people look for long time, ti does happen; especially if there aren't many cars like your in the area. I drive a 944S and I have ppl looking all the time since not many are familiar with that model and I have seen only about 3-4 944s in my area.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:42 PM

oh I didn't mean that to sound like that. I understand that you care for your car and thats great to hear. I know how crappy weather can be I live in Iowa. But when i was shopping for my Porsche I came acrossed several used cars at dealerships that only had like 1,800 miles on them. I dont see why people would have the car for some cases 3 or 4 years and only drive it 1,800 miles. I mean I have had my car for a couple months now and I cant wait to get back behind the wheel of it! So I'm Sorry if you thought i was directing that at you, but thats not what I meant by it.

Sorry again,
Brent

Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM

How dare you! lol jp Another case is having people that switch between cars a lot; I have a friend who changes cars every half a year or less for some weird reason. He buys one, drives it, than sells it and buys another he likes...so that might be part of it as well.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Some people own so many cars that they just can't put many miles on all of them. I have four (andonly one driver in the house), so my Carrera probably gets only 4,000 - 5,000 miles per year on it.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 PM

Lee--that's a good problem to have!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 AM

I see that a good bit here at the dealership people who just dont drive the car they bought. Its a crying shame because other than rain here the weather is always nice enough to drive. These are usually the people who come in complaining all the time about having problems. they dont store the cars properly or never get them going long enough to even break the cats in. I swear we have had cars traded in that when driven the cat converter can still be smelled cooking.