Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

Privileged Access

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Default Privileged Access

Hi! My brother works in UAE as a Manager in one of the airport departments. While on vacation at my place, his office called and asked for his approval on something. He hurriedly opened his laptop and connected to the internet. Our connection isn't really that good so he almost didn't make it in opening the file because he said the password sent to him was good only for a few minutes. And if he wasn't able to open it on time, he had to call the office to ask for another password. I wonder if this is the same as the Privileged Access Management I was asked to look for by my boss. Anyone who knows?

Old 11-24-2016, 03:16 AM

Yes I think it's the same.

PAM keeps your organization safe from accidental or deliberate misuse of privileged access. This is particularly relevant if your organization is growing. The bigger and more complex your organization’s IT systems get, the more privileged users you have.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by buntfrayed
Yes I think it's the same.

PAM keeps your organization safe from accidental or deliberate misuse of privileged access. This is particularly relevant if your organization is growing. The bigger and more complex your organization’s IT systems get, the more privileged users you have.

I've been reading password management software and it helps me know more about privilege and unwanted access so I've been thinking of using this software from now on.