Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Change of thought on a winter car cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Default Change of thought on a winter car cover

Howdy...
Well, wild weather here in Milwaukee. The last of the ice and snow was shoved off the driveway this morning as we head to 45 degrees. (Back down to 11 tonight as reality sets back in)

However, given the chance at a clear driveway and about 40 degrees, I pulled the cover off my 911 and fired it up just to get the juices flowing, both the cars and mine!

I don't have an expensive breathable cover....just a basic throw over deal. I know things were sweating because we went from cold to warmer, but it got me to thinking about trapping that moisture against the car. I left the cover off as I parked it again and replaced the trickle charger. I have an old bed sheet on the convertible top....maybe I should just leave it like that and wipe it down once in a while this winter as opposed to trapping moisture under a cover? Is it better off with no cover than with this cover? I don't want to invest in some fancy and expensive breathable cover either...not at this time anyway.

Thoughts on this?

No cover OK?

Thanks....Phil

Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Default RE: Change of thought on a winter car cover

What?
No opinions yet?
No suggestions for me?

Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Default RE: Change of thought on a winter car cover

My opinion would be to just keep the plastic one on there and towel it down every once in a while. You only need to do it when there is a shift from cold to hot right? I'm keeping mine outside all winter (New England) under the provided plastic cover. I guess the difference is that I'm driving it every couple days and need to wash it because of the salt buildup.

Anyway, if it's in the shade and covered I don't think you'll have a problem.