Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Ferrari F430, Porsche 911 Turbo or Lambo Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 02:25 AM
Default Ferrari F430, Porsche 911 Turbo or Lambo Gallardo?

My brother owns a tuning company and i have been lucky enough to experience first hand Lambo Murcielago (the first in the country with e-gate), Both the F360 that my bruv owned and several customers F430s, and have regularly driven his 996 Turbo and now his 997 Turbo Autel MaxiSys Pro.

I have found that the Ferarri's if MS908 PRO anything are too attention grabbing with everyone snapping pics of you with their phone as though you are a Footballer or something and the appeal of this soon wears off. The Ferarri power delivery is brutish, it is an amzing experience when the engine roars behind your head and the tyres leave thick pirreli p zero prints halfway up the road but it lacks a subtlety and elegance.

Lambo's are not designed to be driven by mere mortals. If you own one expect to need an entourage of people waving hand signals and saying whoa whoa every time you try to edge it up or down even the slightest bump that may injure that gorgeous but stupidly low body work.

However the looks are amazing and now that VAG are involved in the development the power delivery and dynamics of the Lambo are fantastic.

Of the lot i am with my brother on this one you can only get the full Package with the 911 Turbo. The 996, X50 powerpack, black, full carbon interior was an absolute beast. My brother tuned it and it was regularly featured by EVO, Purely Porsche, Top Gear and plenty of other mags. You can probably find it by searching for DMS Tuned 911.

The 996 has now gone, sad days indeed....however the 997 is here and the bar has been seriously raised! The response from the Turbo is phenomenal, i took it for a sprint round the roads near the New Forest and my heartrate didn't return to normal for almost three days. It is a truly exhilerating ride. The PCCB decelerate you like nothing i have ever known.

So final answer would definitely be the 997 911 Turbo.