Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Maxspeed Motorsports Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Default Maxspeed Motorsports Exhaust

Does anyone here have any experience with Maxspeed Motorsports Exhaust? I purchased one new on E bay and am putting it on my GT2
Supposedly, it will add around 60HP (It replaces everything, muffler, cats, etc.) and it bolts on without any modifications. Very nice looking
product out of the box (polished stainless of course). Anyway, anyone every heard of them? I paid $2500 for it + whatever installation costs and will post pics and sound afterwards.

Mark

Old 04-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Default RE: Maxspeed Motorsports Exhaust

The name I have heard of, but cannot comment on quality etc. One thing or should I say 4 things to be careful about, and that is extracting the 4 Oxygen Sensors from the old system without damaging them or the wiring.
Recommend you get the whole of the system fitted loosely before doing any specific tightening. Once you are happy with the alignment and the relative positioning re the exits ans other chassis/body parts, start with the manifolds (remember the new gaskets). Pull up gradually starting in the centre going outwards on diagonals across the manifolds, like you do for wheels and cylinder heads etc. Then move gradually back through the system. Again tighten everything up in stages. Run up the engine listening for leaks. Tighten as required. Let cool and retorque.
Regards Big Bob