Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Memory

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Default Memory

Help:
I just purchased a 2007 911 Porsche with memory seats. I have set the memory 1 to the position I want for driving, but it does not retract to the full aft position upon taking the key out. Is is suppose to do that? If so, how do I program it?

ChuckJ

Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 AM

Hi Chuck, The memory setting will not move the seat back when you leave the car. You might want to program setting #3 to all the way back so when you leave the car, just hit #3. My 2008 Cadillac STS4 seats will fully retract when I shut the car off. It's a nice feature but I've gotten used to hitting #3 for the seat to do the same..

Steve/k2we on Saratoga Lake, NY

Old 04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Default Memory

Originally Posted by k2we
Hi Chuck, The memory setting will not move the seat back when you leave the car. You might want to program setting #3 to all the way back so when you leave the car, just hit #3. My 2008 Cadillac STS4 seats will fully retract when I shut the car off. It's a nice feature but I've gotten used to hitting #3 for the seat to do the same..

Steve/k2we on Saratoga Lake, NY
Steve:
I did resort to that, but there are two issues:
1. I have to hold the button down the whole time the seat is moving back, I can't just hit it and let it go.
2. When I lock the car and return, the seat moves forward as soon as I hit the lock on the key. I guess I could use memory 2 so that wouldn't happen, but it just seams that I'm missing something or the memory system is not well designed.

ChuckJ