Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Opinion re: color

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Default Opinion re: color

I am going to be placing an order for a 2008 911 and am undecided about color -- could go the "safe" route and order it inblack or grey but am thinking about ordering one in white which, and here is part of the problem, I have never seen either on the road or in a dealer's showroom.

I would appreciate any and all opinions and feedback particularly from those who have seen one in white inckuding what you liked/disliked.

Thanks.

Joel

Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Default RE: Opinion re: color

I just saw a white 993 last weekend at a gas station. It had matching white rims, which really made for a look. If you're going to do it, see if matching rims are an option on a 997.

On the other hand, contemplate living with a white car and german brake dust...

Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM

pwarner, thanks for the feedback...it is greatly apprecaited.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 AM

I will always like the classic look of artic silver. Other than a few rock chips, my 996 still looks like new (over 100k miles now). Very low maintenance.

Good luck,

Kevin

Old 11-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Hi Joel, I take delivery of a 2007 Targa 4 on monday.. The dealer had a white 2007Carrera 2 on the lot.. It looked nice but.. it had red wheels... Sort of a strange combination.. The interior was tan.. My Targa is Guards Red..In this part of the counrty (upstate New York) AWD is a must..The dealerwas willing to make me a great deal on the white model..just to get it off the lot..I would never buy a black or dark blue car.. Every swirl mark from polishing shows up as does every mark fron the road junk.. You can't go wrong with a white car..

Good luck

Steve in Saratoga Springs, NY (only 48 hours till I get my car.....)

Old 11-04-2007, 09:28 AM

k2we and kgus28:

Appreciate the responses...as far as AWD is conerned this is a must as I live in Toronto, Canada and plan on driving the car year round...as far as colour is concerned a dark colour is not an option as it is impossible to keep looking clean in the winter and the swirls would drive me nuts, a silver colour is not particularly appealing as everyone has one and my last 3 cars were silver thus I am looking for something different and was thinking that a white exterior with a black interior would be a nice combination...

Joel

Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 AM

if you stray from the so-called safe colors you will sacrifice in ease of maintenance and/or resale value.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: doug

if you stray from the so-called safe colors you will sacrifice in ease of maintenance and/or resale value.
Doug, resale value I understand BUT why would I be sacraficing maimtenance?

Thanks,

Joel

Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 PM

I just meant that the silver and grey are easier to maintain then the darker colors...and that has nothing to do with the white that you were suggesting...the white is one of my favorites. Although I've never owned that color I sure would if the right one presented itself.

The car I have now was selected because it is a bit unique...solid painted seat backs, red stitching on black leather with red seat belts,...and the silver is perfect for Arizona and the dirt/gravel road that I live on!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:38 AM

Hi,

I have a black 997 2005. I love the look, when it is clean and waxed there is no real comparison (opinion). However, mine is also an everyday driver so it mostly is dirty and it shows. Also in sunlight every swirl mark shows so you have to take a lot of extra cleaning steps to really preserve a good looking car.

White, my opinion, I just couldn't do it to a porsche....(now if you manage working ladies for a living and like furry dice... buy a corvette in white...did I really say that ;-)

Quick Reply: Opinion re: color