Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

PSM Problem Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Default PSM Problem Question

Hi, I have a 1999 C4.

I have a question about a problem I’ve been having with my PSM. Over the last several months the PSM has been turning itself off. But this seems to only happen in the mornings or when the car has set for a long time. When I start the car the PSM is of course on. Then after a few moments of driving the dashboard indicator shows PSM Off and I can feel the change over. If I restart the car PSM resets itself and once the car is warmed up no problem.

Another odd detail is that when the PSM OFF on the dashboard shows and the PSM is off, the PSM on/off switch light does not light up. This is only when it turns off incorrectly by itself. However, suppose PSM is on and I am driving then choose to turn it off with the switch myself… then the toggle switch lights up and I can turn PSM on and off at my command as normal. Hmm?

I haven’t gotten a code yet from the dealer. I explained and asked them to check it and they said it was
fine… no doubt because it appeared to be working when the car was warmed up.

I also had my break pads all replaced and have had problems with the break wear sensor light on the dash.
I wonder if this may have something to do with the PSM?

Any ideas?

Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Default RE: PSM Problem Question

I started to see the same problem hapening twice on my car and it happends when i hit the gas very fast
I have a 996 TT

Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Default RE: PSM Problem Question

I think the there an error in replacing the break pad, check pad if it is not properly attached or the pad had already a defect then replaced it, maybe this can help in replacing good quality of break pad.