Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

on the radar detector on 997

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Default on the radar detector on 997

I seem to have trouble getting entangled with my radar detector cord, Since the cigarete plug is so far away..how did you guys solve this problem. I drive a newly acquired 997 TT..it is also in the way of the nav...

thanks
Lemon

Old 10-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: on the radar detector on 997

Easy, hardwire it in to a power source and throw the cord away.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:01 PM

Even easier, there is a radar detector plug in on the passenger side foot well, left side. My Valantine plugs in neatly and out of the way.

Works fairly well and better on the 997 then the 996 I turned in.

I hope that helps.

Lee

Old 10-09-2007, 11:35 PM

am looking ...but what are talking about...hmmmm...there is a cigarret plug there?? can you please show me where exactly...i have looked ..was all bent all over the place..under the driverside...i must be blind..

thanks
Lemon

Old 10-10-2007, 07:01 PM

Hi there, can you tell me how effective the Radar Detectors are. I am in Canada and they just introduced a new law that if you go 30 miles over the speed limit they can take away your car for 7 days and give you a 2000.00 dollar ticket. Suffice that I am trying to get the best possible radar detector. Unfortunately Radar Detectors are also illegal in Canada . I am looking to buy a great unit in the US and would appreciate some real world experience.
Please help

Old 10-10-2007, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: lemon.lib

am looking ...but what are talking about...hmmmm...there is a cigarret plug there?? can you please show me where exactly...i have looked ..was all bent all over the place..under the driverside...i must be blind..

thanks
Lemon
Lemon I will do my best

The plug in is on the PASSENGER side. If you open the passenger door and look at theleft of the seat where your passengers feet would be ( low, just above angle level) you will see some heater vents. If you look at the center of these just above you will see a cig lighter plug. It has a plastic cup over it.

This is in a 2007 911. I do not know when it was put in by Porsche. I think it was placed for a radar cord. It is conveneint.

Lee

I hope that helps.

Lee

Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: steve36

Hi there, can you tell me how effective the Radar Detectors are. I am in Canada and they just introduced a new law that if you go 30 miles over the speed limit they can take away your car for 7 days and give you a 2000.00 dollar ticket. Suffice that I am trying to get the best possible radar detector. Unfortunately Radar Detectors are also illegal in Canada . I am looking to buy a great unit in the US and would appreciate some real world experience.
Please help
Hi, Steve36, check out this site, tons of information. I am in Hawaii, they use Laser only, I recently spend about $500 install a laser jammer on my Porsche. Hawaii has a new law too, 30 mile over the speed limit, they can take your car away.
http://www.radardetector.net/index.php

Old 10-11-2007, 03:48 AM

i currently have a passport 8500...that my speed demon mother keeps borrowing
imagine a 65 year old lady zooming by with her e350..

so i was thinking the valentine or the passport 9500...what you think?

can i know what laser jammer you got?

Lemon.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 AM

I'm a big Valentive fan. Unit works great compared to my old Cobra piece of junk. Consider construction quality also. The Cobra speaker for example would melt at high temps in the summer. The Valentine appears to be solid as a rock, and I belive it's the onlt detector that has very useful direction arrows. Bottom line I'm very pleased with it.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up Tinchao.
Can you tell me about your experience with the jammer.
Does it work. ?
I am afraid of zooming past a radar trap and then having an officer chase me to take away my car and my jammer.
I would like to know of an upcoming trap before I go through it. I guess I would use a jammer along with a detector.
I will look through the laser jammer site and do some home work.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: on the radar detector on 997