Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

shady dearlership

Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Default shady dearlership

Before Christmas my 2003TT X50 started making a noise, sounded like waterpump bearing was going bad. I had the dealership pick my car up turns out it was the idle pulley bearing. After having my car for more than 2 weeks they tell me it is making another noise, a week later they tell me it coming from a drive gear in the engine, and that the engine needs to be replaced. They also tell me my car is 2 weeks out of warranty. I call porsche customer service to inform them on what is going on. Porsche covers the engine and the dealership charges me $869.00 for the idle pulley bearing repair. I get my car back after they have had it for a month. When I wash it the next morning I notice the exhaust is not even on each side, there is a chip in one of my rims, and a8 inch scratch on the roof. The interior has grease everywhere and it smells like cigar smoke. (smelled like a new car when went there) The last thing is when they picked up my car I gave them just the car key, when I got it back there is a house attachedwith my 911 key. I am not100% sure on what my milage was before it left but I think it was around 11130 came back with 11250.
What should I do? Thissucks really bad!

Old 01-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Default RE: shady dearlership

Go right to the dept of MV and file a complant most be people dont know this and dealers fear them the most........................

Old 01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

It is completely normal for a dealership or independant shop to break in the car after work to make sure everything is running right. Sometimes the best way to do this is to take the car home over night so you have startup at night when temps might be warmer, cold startup/running in the morning, and a decent amount of miles in between to make sure there are no abnormal noises etc.

What is not normal though are the damages to the car that you describe. The tips can be adjusted, so that isn't a big deal, but he scratches, nicks, and interior stuff should be taken care of immediately by the dealer. That is uncalled for.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: mcarter

Before Christmas my 2003TT X50 started making a noise, sounded like waterpump bearing was going bad. I had the dealership pick my car up turns out it was the idle pulley bearing. After having my car for more than 2 weeks they tell me it is making another noise, a week later they tell me it coming from a drive gear in the engine, and that the engine needs to be replaced. They also tell me my car is 2 weeks out of warranty. I call porsche customer service to inform them on what is going on. Porsche covers the engine and the dealership charges me $869.00 for the idle pulley bearing repair. I get my car back after they have had it for a month. When I wash it the next morning I notice the exhaust is not even on each side, there is a chip in one of my rims, and a8 inch scratch on the roof. The interior has grease everywhere and it smells like cigar smoke. (smelled like a new car when went there) The last thing is when they picked up my car I gave them just the car key, when I got it back there is a house attachedwith my 911 key. I am not100% sure on what my milage was before it left but I think it was around 11130 came back with 11250.
What should I do? Thissucks really bad!
Damn that is horrible. Sorry you are having trouble. I assume it is a Porsche dealer not an independant.

If it is a Porsche dealer I would talk to them first they may make things right for you. If they do not call Porsche and ask to talk to the technical service representative for your area.The phone number should be in your owners manual. He will talk to the dealership and if it can not be resolved over the phone then he will want to meet with the both of you. They will try to make you happy. I am sure that will give you some relief.

If it is an independant, then it gets a little more sticky. i would again talk to them andgive them a chance to correct it. Also document in writing what your issues are and the results of your discussion. What I have done three times when i was cheated was go to the city hall and look at complaints. if you find a few you may have a chance to prove fraud which is criminal versus civil.People who do these type of things tend to do many times to many others. You can then call these people picking issues close to yours. I then write the dealer a letter saying you will begin the process to criminal action unless you and they can reach an agreement in ten days or something. You may want to copy your attorney for impact. they may know if they lose the suit you can put them in jail and take everything they own except their house. i got my issues resolved in all three of my cases. One of the gentleman is now in jail. This may be a little harsh but it is an avenue. Just be fair with them they are only trying to make a living.You run into very few really bad people in life.

I think the first approach is the best. Most people if approached properly want to do the right thing. FYI, I am an engineer not a lawyer. In my cases it never went further than my letter of ten days or! The issue that casued the gentleman to go to jail was caused by the people I contacted they used my lawyer and pressed the case. My agreement with him was you pay me I go away happy. I gave him many chances to make it right. After many lies and four bad checks I had no choice. I was not threatening him i would have continued with the case if he had not made it right.

Good luck

Lee

Search this Thread