Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

Terms of en-gearment

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Default Terms of en-gearment

I am smitten and confess to the needof someday owning a 911. There i have removed that from my chest and will proceed with my question. Having never owned a Porsche before and looking for a nice driver, between years 1973 and 1984, should i stay away from cars sold here in good ole USofA that have "Euro" in the "For Sale" description? I have heard that a "European" gear box is a desirable thing but not sure how this would apply.
Best regards and happy motoring
barney-

Old 02-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Default RE: Terms of en-gearment

Condition, Condition, Condition,,,, It's all about the conditon of the car... I wouldn't ignore a Euro car stricly on that basis. Ifthe PPI gives the car a good report I think you can get alot for your money going that way... IMHO

Old 02-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Terms of en-gearment

Exactly. If you are looking for a driver, and are not worried about absolute resale value amongst the purest's (they tend to not bring quite as much money as the cars imported regularily into the states), then there is no reason why you shouldn't consider a Euro version.