Notices
Porsche 928 The Porsche 928 was made from 1978 to 1995, during which time it was Porsche's most expensive model.

928 troubles

Old 02-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Default 928 troubles

My father andI just got the 928 running again after having it sit for a number of years. Its a 1981 and we just replaced the rear brake pads with sensors, oil change with filter, and a o2 sensor. We also welded some exhaust leaks.

After replacing the o2 sensor the warning light 'OXS'remained on in the dash. How doI clear the trouble and and warning light because the sensor is new and we plugged it in to the green wire in the eletrical pannel. How do i reset this?I would like to extinguish service reminders.

It drove nice but the brakes felt a bit spongy so we will re bleed them in the morning. Hopefully that will clear the 'brake press' light on the dash. Also the gauge cluster and switchillumination doesn't light when i put the driving lights on along with the front side markers. What can be the cause of this? Would it be fuse related or relay? Is it coincidental or just a problem with high resistance and bulbs?

Also the battery was dead so we have had it on the charger for a while. the battery has always been a problem with this car and we're not sure if we need a new one or if the alt is bad. The alt has been replaced a coupple years back but the car won't run unless the battery is charged well. Are battery's normaly an issue with the 928?

Any input would be appreciated.