Porsche 928 The Porsche 928 was made from 1978 to 1995, during which time it was Porsche's most expensive model.

Does MS Flight Simulator Help with my pilots license?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:26 AM
Default Does MS Flight Simulator Help with my pilots license?

1. Order of Control - Climbing, Descending, level flight, Turns, Stalls. I practiced all basic flight maneuvers in FS before getting into the real plane. Use the REAL checklist (not the Flight Simulator one!).
2. Navigation - I always practiced my cross country flights on flight VCM II simulator first.
3. Circuits - Normal, short field, short and soft, etc.

The general principle is that you use FS to reinforce procedures, so that they are embedded before flight. In the real plane, you can spend more time 'getting used to the feeling of' the airplane.

One thing i did not find FS very useful for was ford vcm 2 ENGINE FAILURE PROCEDURE. You can still reinforce procedures in FS (15%), but during actual training for emergency procedures, the realtime pressures are an integral part of learning(85%). You cant simulate how your heartbeat races and you rush to do stupid things.

You can also practice IFR flying but i strongly recommend you get help from a certified instructor to sit with you on this. You can pick up bad habits here that can hinder you in the long run.

In all your FS training, PLEASE refer to the flight school manuals (and not the FS ones). Flight simulator is just a GAME if you are not applying real-world procedures.