Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

2 q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Default 2 q's

1. with the blue and brown wires going to the bulb on the side marker lights which goes where? putting my front back together on a 83 and tried the blue wire to the bulb and the brown on the post pointing out and blew a fuse. did it the opp. way and still blew a fuse. kinda have them all bent up now.

2. my 83 is Platinum Metallic LM 8 U paint code and was wondering if its possible to still get this kinda paint? i really would like to find some for a little touch up, one door got really bad sun fade and down to metal in some spots. its odd cause its just the door, maybe its not even faded maybe something got on it....

thanks

Old 12-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2 q's

Not sure on the 1st one, as I am out of state, and don't have my hardcopy manuals handy. The wiring diagrams are rediculous to try and read on my electronic workshop manuals. I can check next week. Sounds like you have a wire shorting out somewhere though.

The paint is still available, any paint store can mix up the original color. If you want to color match though, you will need to pull the gas tank door or something small like that, and take it in so they can scan it, and match the fade correctly.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Default RE: 2 q's

The brown wire is ground on my 85/1, likely the blue wire is shorted somewhere before the light. Did you try it with niether wire attached?