Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

83 944 Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Default 83 944 Porsche

I recently had my crank shaft sensor replaced and my porsche was running well. The only issue I seemed to have was that it would run rough for about ten minutes every morning.

Yesterday on the highway it turned off on me, I saw that my air hose had come loose so I fixed that issue and now my car won't turn over. The radiator level is fine, and there is no water in the engine. It want's to start but it keeps chugging hard and it back fires at least once every three tries when I try to start it. There was no white smoke, so could it be that my timing belt went out. What am I looking at here, help please.......I will continue to check up for any help thank you in advance.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 83 944 Porsche

If your timing belt was broken, it will seem like the engine turns over faster, but won't start. (There is a difference between turning over, and firing up). Not turning over means your starter doesn't do anything, engine doesn't crank at all.

Does your tach bounce at all when you are cranking the car? If there is slight movement, then your reference sensors are fine. Check your basics. Spark, fuel, and air first.