Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

944 Q

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Default 944 Q

What is a 944 na? What is the na for? I have a 944, but it isn't a 944S or a 944 Turbo, so does that make mine a 944 na?

(I'm sure Mr. Pilkington will chime in on this...)

Old 12-01-2004, 09:50 PM
ZOD
Default RE: 944 Q

Normally Aspirated (ie. non turbo)

You have a 944 NA

Old 12-02-2004, 10:35 AM

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:52 AM

ORIGINAL: ZOD
Yes N/A stand for "Naturally Aspirated" (some times referred to as normally aspirated, both are common and deemed acceptable.)

Yours is an N/A indeed. Anything non turbo, turbo S nor S2 is considered N/A. Not in itself all too bad of a decision. First of all a turbo's bring with them allot of added maintenance, as well as risk. Especially when you car get up in the years. I have found that on average the turbo will have to be rebuilt no less than once throughout the life on an engine. This means that if you engine requires a rebuild after 300 thousand miles that approximately after every 150 thousand the turbo will need a rebuild or complete replacement. Also, while it provides more boost, a Turbo is always subject to “Turbo Lag,” that is the amount of time it takes for the exhaust gas to fully spool the turbo’s massive turbine fan. And I have found that with some simple and relatively inexpensive at-home mods one can easily make his N/A our perform a stock Turbo 944.
The reason I chose to go N/A? Most Supercharger kits are built to adapt strait to the NA engine. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 12-24-2004, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr Pilkington

And I have found that with some simple and relatively inexpensive at-home mods one can easily make his N/A our perform a stock Turbo 944.
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Really....what specifically are you suggesting?

Old 12-24-2004, 11:20 AM

Yours is an N/A indeed. Anything non turbo, turbo S nor S2 is considered N/A.
Lets make it simple. The only NON N/A cars in the 924/944/968 are 924 Turbo, 944Turbo/Turbo S, 968 Turbo/Turbo S. ALL 924, 944, 944S, 944S2, 968s are N/A. Therefore the above stating that an S2 is not an NA is 100% WRONG.

This means that if you engine requires a rebuild after 300 thousand miles that approximately after every 150 thousand the turbo will need a rebuild or complete replacement.
Wrong, though I am not suprised. My engine has 196K on it and at time of rebuild was in fine shape, would have easily run another 100K. It was rebuilt solely for the purpose of modification. There are TONS of 944 Turbos with 150+ on them, a good number with 200K +, and I know of a guy with 350K on a stock engine. Again, the above is just plain WRONG.

And I have found that with some simple and relatively inexpensive at-home mods one can easily make his N/A our perform a stock Turbo 944.
HAHAHA, I think I just spit my cereal out my nose. I am going to assume this is some sort of joke. You wont come close to a stock 951 with "inexpensive at-home mods." About the only place I would rather have a 944NA is at an autocross. Since the original poster is sure he can do this could he tell us how?

The reason I chose to go N/A?
Because you are 16 at best, couldnt afford a Turbo (or couldnt get insurance) and the only thing your parent would let you buy was what you could afford with your grass cutting money. You are a GD joke, a moron, and a shame to the 944 world. Loser.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr Pilkington

ORIGINAL: ZOD
Yes N/A stand for "Naturally Aspirated" (some times referred to as normally aspirated, both are common and deemed acceptable.)

Yours is an N/A indeed. Anything non turbo, turbo S nor S2 is considered N/A. Not in itself all too bad of a decision. First of all a turbo's bring with them allot of added maintenance, as well as risk. Especially when you car get up in the years. I have found that on average the turbo will have to be rebuilt no less than once throughout the life on an engine. This means that if you engine requires a rebuild after 300 thousand miles that approximately after every 150 thousand the turbo will need a rebuild or complete replacement. Also, while it provides more boost, a Turbo is always subject to “Turbo Lag,” that is the amount of time it takes for the exhaust gas to fully spool the turbo’s massive turbine fan. And I have found that with some simple and relatively inexpensive at-home mods one can easily make his N/A our perform a stock Turbo 944.
The reason I chose to go N/A? Most Supercharger kits are built to adapt strait to the NA engine. [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Funny... My car is at 212k miles on the original engine and turbocharger. How strange.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:47 PM

Sounds like a bad TPS and DME relay.

Old 12-24-2004, 02:07 PM

You're all wrong. "n/a" stands for. . .

Drum roll. . .

Some of you know what's coming. . .

Here it is. . .

NO ACCELERATION!!!

Old 12-24-2004, 02:10 PM

Really? Tell me what "inexpensive at home mods" I can do to my 944. I'll gladly volunteer to do them AND to benchmark test your theory by running it head-to-head against my stock 951. Oh please enlighten me Mr. Pilky. What'd you have in mind? The "Vornado"? Maybe an "electric supercharger"? Perhaps a leaf blower to force air into it? No! Wait! I've got it! 50 leaf blowers duct-taped to the rear quarter panels to "blow" the car forward. Genius!