Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

AnyBody elses tired of Rennlist

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Default AnyBody elses tired of Rennlist

Man there was not way I was paying dues again to subscribe to rennlist anybody else feel like that?

Old 10-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: AnyBody elses tired of Rennlist

For 18 bucks a year, the amount of knowledge on rennlist is invaluable. It pays for itself in one time working on your own car. I use to post a lot on the boards, but now just mostly check out the topics, if something interests me i check it out, otherwise unless i need something..... In my opinion, if you are using rennlist, bone up the 18 bucks, christ, it's less than an hour of work to pay it.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:37 PM

It is not that the info is great it is the ****'s that moderate the off topic that annoys me! Yea the info is great stuff but I don't no ****'s![:'(]

Old 10-04-2005, 02:42 AM

You won't find a lot of Rennlist bashing going on here. Rennlist fit a specific need for the Porsche community back when there were NO other options, and has rightfully earned the gratitude of a WHOLE bunch of folks who appreciate it for what it was back then, as well as what it is now. There's occasionally a bit too much drama for my tastes, but its very much a cyclical thing and the bad apples usually don't stick around there too long. If you don't like whats going on there, why not try to change it WITH your participation. Thats what we've done here, you should have seen the nonsense that was taking place in THIS forum a year ago.

John D has never said that folks need to pay to be on there and that "membership" is strictly an optional thing. Members do get certain privileges, such as access to the Off Topic forums (which is a total waste of bandwidth, in my opinion) but the only Porsche "community" that's better than Rennlist is the KC Wrenching Society (www.kcws.org) and I *might* be a bit biased in that opinion. lol

Regards,

Old 10-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

You're right sh944 when you say, "you should have seen the nonsense that was taking place in THIS forum a year ago" I've only just joined this forum, but when I checked out some of the older posting, I was shocked![sm=jawdrop.gif]

All seems O.K. now though.

CTiggerPigglet.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:17 PM

It is not that that bothered me about Rennlist is was that it seemed if a certian few could get post write or start arguments in off topic and nothing was done however the slant was obvious. Honestly, I liked Rennlist as wat to learn about my 951 & 944. I would offer help and help others find good cars. However, I am not intrested in punk crap that sometimes seem to make it into off topic and then next thing you know sombody wants to get all offended.

That is my take on Rennlist. Good way to learn about my cars YES

Good moderators. Punk's Maybe one of these days I will meet them face to face rather than be the chicken **** cowards that they are!

Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Real easy solution....stay out of the off topic section, and it is a good forum. Some people have way too much time on their hands to beat politics to death all day long....