Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

?can not believe no one knows?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:16 AM
Default ?can not believe no one knows?

1985 944 , light is out on oil pressure guage. I got the two obvious screws on the face of the panel and the two small hex under the panel that were behind the heater controls... top pod slides out a bit on top but will not come out from the bottom still. It will come out a little so I don't think I missed any screws.. How do you get this out so I can replace the bulb.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Default RE: ?can not believe no one knows?

I remove the heater face plate, then remove the **** and attaching nut from the fan control speed control. also there is a screw on each side (slightly under the dash)of the console that holds the top pannel on. These screw normally have a plastic cover on them.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:33 AM

Thanks, I already got it figured out though.... Heater controls are just like a early Rabbit, two screws on top, two underneath on the top panel. I just ended up taking the arm rest and console out to replace the bulb... Those little bulbs are all too familiar too. I just thought with the heater controls and top side screws off the top piece wanted to come out by itself, but was hanging up on something. I belong to the BMW (E46fanatics) and Vwvortex forums and there are a lot of members. Everyone welcomes new members and there is always someone with helpful advice on something.... Much more involved I guess. I was a little shocked this forum seems so quiet in comparrison. I know a lot on the other cars so I am not much help with anyone here, but hope to learn a lot. New challenge I guess. I do really like the car though, just anxious to be able to know it inside and out like the others. That is why I am here!

Old 01-18-2006, 12:15 AM

This is good place to get questions answered by people who know these cars. There is also a lot of good general info at www.clarks-garage.com. Check out the shop manual section.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:39 AM

fantastic! thanks