Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

hi

Old 07-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Default hi

hi

i hope someone can help me, i have a 1987 944
The car has a new battery, i just put brand new spark plugs in, and a relativley new starter.
The car always starts well, except i get up at 8am, (the car starts great), i drive to class, about 5min drive,
i get out around 10:30am, and the car just wont kick over for like 15min and many tries. and starts fine after that the rest of the day.
and it always has at least 3quaters of fuel in the tank

anyone have any ideas what it could be?/
also when u put in new spark plugs do u have to adjust anything like the little screw on top?? or do u just screw the main part in??

thanks

Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hi

When you say won't kick over, does that mean the starter does nothing when you turn the key or does the starter work fine and the engine is turning over, but not firing, those are two different things. Next time it doesnt fire, see if the tach bounces when you are turning the key and trying to start it. If the tach doesnt wiggle ever so slightly, you have a reference sensor problem, and i would venture to say it is on the wiring harness side.

Search this Thread