Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

It's too hot..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Default It's too hot..........

I can't seem to get the heat to shut off,and I live in Arizona, so this is a bad thing!! It's coming from the bottom and it's not being driven by a fan or anything. Is there a way to stop this? What about disconnecting the heater switch, shuting the vents off....damper? If I stuff the vents with something will it cause the motor to get hotter?
It's too hot!!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: It's too hot..........

i have that same problem, drives me through the roof, litterally, its just a smooth constant flow of hot air and nothing seems to stop it. i know its not my firewall becasue that cool to the touch, as well as the tranny hump..... PLEASE HELP ME & SHAWN PORSCHEDOC!!!!!!

Thanks

Dave

Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like your flapper door isn't shutting all the way, and that the heater control valve may be stuck on. Check the vacuum lines at the firewall behind the cam tower. There should be 2 small vacuum lines that connect there (get a flashlight). Then make sure the one line runs to the heatercontrol valve on the back of the engine...make sure it is not disconnected.

There is also a small plastic clip on the drivers side of the HVAC unit in the car that can break and will cause a constant heat issue.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 AM

But even when i unplugged my blower motor it still was trickling heat...............

I'll check it out when i get out of work .

Thanks Doc.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Like Doc said: there are two places to look. One is the valve in the engine compartment on back side of driver side of engine. There is a flow valve there which can get stuck or the suction part is no longer working. Its not a very expensive part. Open the hood and locate it. Notice which way the valve is facing. Try to change direction of it to see if it is stuck. Then start the car and look to see if it changed position. If it did then that is probably not the part. If it did not move then pull the vacume line attached to it to see if suction is drawing. If it is then the part is bad and needs changed. If there is no suction then follow the line to locate where it is disconnected.

If this does not help or is not the issue then on drivers side, under the dash there is this little clip attached to a valve that pulls on a threaded screw like item. The clip is probably broke. Cheap couple dollar item. The reason the heat is on is due to if this breaks, you wont freeze to death in winter while summer you can roll down a window :-). Check a few parts places online that had porsche parts. 944online is one location I buy parts from. I would say this is best chance what the issue is. You can try clarks-garage for information about this. I do not remember if they have directions on fixing this clip but chances are good they do.

Hope this helps.

Dan C

Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dwhita6605

But even when i unplugged my blower motor it still was trickling heat...............

I'll check it out when i get out of work .

Thanks Doc.
The blower motor has absolutely nothing to do with the problem. The problem is your heat is stuck on. Going down the road, air is going to follow the path of least resistance, and come in the cabin if the flappers aren't closed. Also, this will be heat, because that is where it is stuck. If you could get it turned to cold, then you would have a small flow of cool air coming in.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:35 PM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...rschevalve.jpg

Is this the valve, becasue this one seems stuck.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Yup, it is called the heater control valve. There should be a vacuum line running between it and the firewall. The vacuum operates a little lever on the side of it to open and close for heat.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM

is it normal that antifreeze runs through it? because when i loosened up the clamp, antifreeze started sputtering out..

Thanks

Dave

Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM

yes, it stops coolant from flowing to heater core. Thats what its for.

Quick Reply: It's too hot..........