Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

new carpet

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Default new carpet

im trying to change the color of my interior from tan to black and the thing i having the hardest time with is finding a COMPLETE carpet set. does anyone know of a place where i can find one of these for my 86 n/a. and if anyone knows of a scissor (lambo) dor kit for the 944 could you point me twards that.

Old 03-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Default RE: new carpet

Lambo door kits and bigger than 18" wheels? Sorry dude, wrong forum. We don't do nawz either.

Regards,

Old 03-27-2005, 05:18 AM

Please do not buy a new carpet kit. These kits are the biggest POS's in the world. I had part heaven order me one and it was over $400. none of it was molded and it did not fit right.

Please call 510-653-EASY and ask them. As a parts dismantler I found them to be the best around. My carpet kit from them was around $200 from a clean 86.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:26 AM

you guys have got me all wrong... im not trying to rice up my 944 im just trying to see whats out there. plus its not like im putting under car neon on there and you cant tell what kind of doors i have as im flying past a peice of trash japanese car. BTW lambo is short for lamborghini and thats italian who IMHO are right up there with the germans in car design.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:27 AM

I got no problems with what you do. Back in 2000 I had blue neon under my car. I didn't use it on the streets, but when i'd be parked at a gathering or night meet i'd turn them on.

Then fast and furious came out and ditched them. I had a 50 shot of NOS too, nothing wrong with that.

but yea, EASY in Emmeryville can hook you up with stock replacement parts.

Old 03-30-2005, 02:52 AM

I will have you know .....I hate you

#1 - If what I have come to understand is to be true the carpet in the just about any 944, probably most Porsches in general, is wool. WOOL!! In the automotive world that is as good as if not better than gold. Actually I too am getting carpet work done, however it's a means by which they pull out and wash and re-fiber the existing carpets. Not cheep but it is a fascinating process. And best of all you get to retain those nice little perks that made the Porsche what it was when she was driven off the showroom floor. Is there a reason for this desire to change? Because a black dashboard will be a bitch to find, and that color will be uber hot in the summer time!

#2 - "lambo doors(?)".... Did your parents feed you Drano as a child? I have some pretty wild ideas of what looks good but vertical door hinges on a 944 = CRAP!¡! Christ why stop there? Go ahead and paint it red, you know that makes it go faster. Next you need 12 "Type R" stickers; or if you want a REAL boost on hp go on and order a GTR logo. Oh, and you know Nopi is running some pretty sweet deals on a massive functionless spoilers that will turn your civic into a 10 second rice rocket...... oh I'm sorry I forgot we were talking about Porsche. Why can't you accept the fact that the doors were meant to swing out? And have you pondered yet the weight issue? Does this kit have a lift assist? Or are you on your own to get that bitch up?
Rethink your whole scheme here. It sounds rather half-assed.

To save us all lets just cover the rest of your unasked questions now…..

NO you should not turbo your N/A with that cheep-o bolt on.
NO you should not add that new NX set-up
NO you cannot fit a 20” rim for that ultimate bawla look.
NO red really does not make your 944 faster
NO a coffee can exhaust tip does not add 400 hp
NO owning a Porsche is not going to put you in the quad-digit hp numbers
NO you cannot nor should you drop a “spoon” engine in her.
NO one here is even condoning these notions
AND your grammar is atrocious! Go back to high school, or at the very least get your G.E.D.

BTW: Watch that “piece of trash japanese car” crack, I’ll have you know our RX-7 could blow those doors right off with it’s existing 13b n/a. An when vehicle #2 gets state-side this summer, it’s bound to give even my 944 a run for its money.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:06 PM

LOL C'mon, Mr. Pilkington, tell him how you really feel...

Lets give freshlax the benefit of the doubt. He says he doesn't want to rice out his car, and even if he did, thats his perrogative. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. The main thing I would like to see us avoid is "bs" about what we have done to our cars. If you are going to do it, be prepared to show proof, okay? If freshlax wants to blaze a new path for future generations of 944 owners, what do we have to lose? He may stumble across something new, or we may all get a good laugh at his expense, after all, he's 16 and knows everything, right? Ryan, by the way, is a good example of someone who took the alternative path with his 944 and made it work. I don't know of anyone else who has successfully converted an early car to run with a late dash. A lot of stuff he has done to his car doesn't appeal to me, but that doesn't mean he is wrong for doing it.

Fresh, in all seriousness, Porsches are just cars, but they are pretty well engineered compared to your average vehicle. Its a lot harder than you think to seriously improve on what the factory gave us (I'm not saying it can't be done, but the easy stuff already has been, if you know what I mean). Lots of us are content to enjoy the car as such, or have learned the hard way about what a 944 is and how it was originally designed to be driven. You might take a little bit of time to figure out what your car is before you take the cutting torch to it.

By the way, you Italian comment... LOLOL Italians make very pretty cars, but if you have ever owned one, you wouldn't compare it to a German made car. No way, no how. Ferrari can make a fast car that might run 5k miles before needing expensive maintenance or repairs to the drivetrain, the Germans will make just as fast a car that can run 150k miles without mechanical problems. Neither of them can make an interior that holds up well over time, unfortunately...

Regards,

Old 03-30-2005, 11:57 PM

look im just a lacrosse playing 16 year old who bought a 944 and relly has no money do do anything to it besides regular maintnence... i didnt mean any harm. and my grammer is bad i realize that... but i try. with that said i am far from a novice growing up in my family owned body shop so i will have you kno nothing of what i do is half assed. i take serious pride in the car i drive including my 1990 mercedes s-class (daily driver) and speaking of that mr. "pilkington" nice job of getting your user name off of a windshield. it is very sad to see that some people stubborn-ness and not paying attention to what is written can cause me to get so offended but i guess it happens. BTW i wouldn't you much rather see a 944 with verticle door hinges than one thats been sitting in someones back yard for 10 years.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 PM

try http://www.stockinteriors.com they send you samples of both carpet and headliner. I've started the same progect but can't figure out what color sceme to go with. Any body know of any design software that can help an undesided mind which color to go with? Oh by the way try http://porschepalace.blogspot.com/ for the door kit you want

Old 03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Mr Pilkington, do you suffer from high blood pressure? At the end of the day, it's his Porsche and he can do what he wants to it. It may not be to everyones liking, but you don't have to blow a fuse over it.

No wonder this forum doesn't have many contributors. After reading posts like yours, they must be scared to ask any questions for fear of abuse!

Everyone has an opinion, but do you really have to be so blunt?

I suppose I'll get a taste of that Mr Pilkington bluntness for this post, eh? [sm=pcwhack.gif]

Quick Reply: new carpet