Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

Value of this 944

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Default Value of this 944

New guy here, I have an opportunity to purchase a 944 turbo. However, I am having a very hard time accessing the value of the car. I would hate to overpay for it. I have searched and gotten some numbers but its hard to get a specific range that pertains to this car, as they are all in very different conditions.

So my question to you is, what is the most you would pay for a 1988 944 turbo, great condition, basically 1 owner for its entire life, no accident history, grey in color, no aftermarket modifications, with ~90k on the odometer, all maintenance kept up with including timing belt? Thanks for any help in advance!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Is this a non S model I assume? Not all S models were Silver Rose in 88, so that is a big determining factor of value.

Also, what do you mean by "basically" a one owner car?

If there are hard copy records of recent timing belt/watepump and clutch (the biggest ticket item), the car is in great shape as you say, with no oil leaks and most importantly....it passes a PRE PURCHASE inspection at a qualified shop, then I would say somewhere in the 8-10k range. That is if the inspection comes back clean. If they find that it needs a bunch of work, then the price drops from there. Being a one owner car with records is a big plus which definitely adds value to the car IMHO.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Is this a non S model I assume? Not all S models were Silver Rose in 88, so that is a big determining factor of value.

Also, what do you mean by "basically" a one owner car?

If there are hard copy records of recent timing belt/watepump and clutch (the biggest ticket item), the car is in great shape as you say, with no oil leaks and most importantly....it passes a PRE PURCHASE inspection at a qualified shop, then I would say somewhere in the 8-10k range. That is if the inspection comes back clean. If they find that it needs a bunch of work, then the price drops from there. Being a one owner car with records is a big plus which definitely adds value to the car IMHO.
Sorry for leaving that out.... It is non S model. When I say "basically", I mean that the original owner sold it to a personal friend of mine who owns a body shop in the past year. So 21 of its 22 year old life if spent with one owner. Other than that, no oil leaks whatsoever.