Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

New Boxter S

Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Default New Boxter S

New to me anyways. An 03 silver boxter S is on its way which my father just bought. Im into japanese cars... and modding the hell out of them so this is a nice change of pace. I have been looking for a good power booster.. (im never satisfied with stock) and thought a supercharger kit would be awsome since turbos are much harder to do on an NA engine. Plus, not sure how hard it is to work on a car with an engine in the boot. So, im starting off slow but any information or links would be awsome. Thanks guys,

Oscar

Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Boxter S

There are few things you can do to the boxster for more power short of supercharging it (our boxster S prototype is almost done, utilizing a procharger C1 blower @ 5psi boost). You can do things like 2ndary Cat bypasses, aftermarket muffler, cold air intake, and an ECU flash. Other than that, you pretty much stick to the power you have.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Whats the story on both of those options? Doing intake,exhaust,headers, and reflashing the ecu what is the cost vs benefit of something like that. And i KNOW that it wont get me into the high 4 second 0-60 times. Plus, i do love the whine of a supercharger. Whats the story on it? How much is the estimated cost of the kit and what are the estimated performance gains?

Old 06-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

The 2.5L kit gained us 100hp to the rear wheels at 5psi. I don't want to guesstimate on the 3.2S, but hopefully it will be at least that. The car is about to go onto the dyno for final tuning, so we should have an answer shortly. Our kit is going to be in the neighborhood of $8k. TPC has a kit for around $7k IIRC, but they have also grenaded a few cars due to the piggyback tuning they were using. They also utilize a roots style blower, which is incredibly inefficient.

Doing an Intake, Exhaust, and Muffler will run you about 2500 depending on where you go, plus install. Those three together will usually get you another 28hp and 29-30tq. Add 2ndary cat bypasses for IIRC 550ish for the boxster and you add another 10hp or so. At that point you are pretty well maxed out with the boxster unless you go forced induction. Doing a turbo setup isn't financially feasible IMHO.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:55 PM

alright.. so then yeah, let me know whats up with that supercharger kit. cause, i dont feel like messin with it at all unless there is a chance ill get it down into the 4 second 0-60. which means i have .8 seconds to lose... which 30 extra horsepower wont cut unless i decide to take the body off and drive it on its frame.