Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

New member..patiently waiting for a new boxster

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Default New member..patiently waiting for a new boxster

Hi all..I thought I'd place my first post here...

I'm a car enthusiast really into vintage german cars..mainly bmw's, since my father is president of bmw cca northeast region,PA.

I recently turned 27..I'm a full time grad student..and I work full time.
I write for bmw cca as a newsletter editor..and I participate in auto-x events, and our national concours every year.

I spent the last year living in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl...now back at home in Scranton, PA.

Since I'm back and at my good ol grad school..I plan to move on and get a new car. I've looked hard at the BMW Z4..but the boxster does it for me with their enhancements which began in 07'. The color choices alone are the main reason for me to switch brands..I love the Macademia Brown Metallic with the cocoa top and natural brown special interior....the bmw z4 or whatever z roadster is next..simplywill offer anything with color choices like the porsche...and this is just their entry level car.

I currently own 2 vintage Bimmers. Both are E30 models..which I still think is far superior to the car that replaced it E36 3 series in 1992.

my cars are 1988 325i saloon (aka 4 door) and a 1988 M3.
The 325i had a full ground up restoration with a remanufactured 1992325ivanos motor. Every exterior part, metal, trim, headlights, everything..even stuff that didn't need to be replaced. This is my first car that I've owned for 12 years...as long as I've been legal to drive.
I got the E30 M3 in 2005..and purchased it as a rolling chasis due to a blown engine. I rebuilt and restored the car and had a 2.5 evo motor rebuilt in NY an had installed as soon as it arrived to my door. The car is really fun to drive and is bmw's first m3, a homologation special. both cars are in storage year round..I spend every sunday I take a trip tothe garage just to run them and detail them, etc. basic maintenance...oh and playing forza 2 on the xbox 360 there..the game actually has the 1988E E30 M3.

My daily beater and car I had with me while I lived in florida is a 2005 Kia Spectra 5 , a 5 door hatchback..it's like an appliance and annoys me daily because it's boring..but it serves the purpose of daily driving..I got to my brothers in GA from PA..11 hour drive on 2 tanks of gas. It was acheap car ($16.7K) but still was all I could afford as a new car right out of college in 2005. It looks like a mazda 3 5 door hatchback. Oh and yeah it sucks just because the brand name has a horrible reputation.

Anyways.. since I'm about to move on and get a place with my g/f...I have to let the classic cars go...I will probably sell the 325i (gasp) and trade the 24k mile 05 kia in..on the 2008-2009 Boxter in November/December 2008. Possibly October..but I gotta double pay each month to get the kia paid off so I can trade it in..because right now I got 23 or 24 months left.
I don't know if I'll part ways with the M3..I've done too much with this car to just ditch it after owning it only 2 years.
It will probably stay since it is a collector car..definately a big part of bmw's motorsport history.

Ok, well nice chatting with you guys. I hope to chime in often..but can't wait to get A new Boxter.
Later...

Old 01-03-2008, 03:07 AM
Default RE: New member..patiently waiting for a new boxster

Have you test drive the Boxster yet? You will get hook.....

Old 01-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Default RE: New member..patiently waiting for a new boxster

I wish I could figure out how much car insurance will be..just a ball park estimate.
I plan on setting a $1000 deductible, & Mid-Level car insurance pkg. Just ideas.
I have excellent perfect credit, an obvious clean driving record, amoung being above the age of 25. The only thing that can hike the insurance is the fact..that the Boxter will be classified as a "sports car" ..and then there's the brand name porsche.
Any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated!

I get away with the insurance on the m3 classified as a sedan.
since the e30 m3 is a 4cyl. that also helps. It should be a classic with classic insurance but the car is only 20 yrs old(21 in terms of production date) ...and in PA your car has to be 25 years old to be classified as a classic.