Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

Traction Control / ABS Warning Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Default Traction Control / ABS Warning Lights

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I've just been driving my 1999 Boxster 2.5 and after braking fairly suddenly a number of warning lights have come on and will not go out. They are: ABS warning light (although the ABS still works), Traction Control light (TC has stopped working - as wheels will spin), Battery warning light, and another orange triangle light (not sure exactly what that one is).

At first I assumed it was related to the new front brake pads I fitted a couple of weeks ago, however I know I fitted them correctly (all genuine Porsche parts with new sensors etc). I have since checked the sensor wires to the pads and they are all still connected and routed correctly. I have also checked the ABS/ASR fuse and that is OK.

Can anyone suggest where the fault may lie? I am more confusedbecause the battery warning light is on!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Simon.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Traction Control / ABS Warning Lights

If the battery warning light is on, then you likely have an alternator or battery going out. Make sure all your connections are clean and tight.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:27 PM

Thanks, i've checked the battery and that's ok but just need to get to the alternator now although, the last people to route in there were the Porsche main agents so i'm hopeful that that won't be the problem!

simon

Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 AM

car has now died.. no charge going to battery. i've had to let the garage take over again