Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

Warning Regarding Porsche of Annapolis!

Old 11-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Default Warning Regarding Porsche of Annapolis!

My wife and I live in North Jersey (200 miles away from this dealer) and were very interested in a Porsche Certified Cayenne GTS because it happened to have the exact options we are looking for. On Wednesday I spoke to their salesperson Scott Evans and his finance manager no less than 5 times about my interest in the car, and even went into detail regarding how we were going to bring the funds to pay for it, and how they would give me a temporary tag to drive the car back to New Jersey. I made an appointment with them for the next morning, gave them my cell number, and they agreed to call me in case anything changed regarding the availability of the truck. They were very aware of the long distance that I was coming to see the truck. We even called again about a hour before we arrived because we were about 30 minutes late due to traffic, and their receptionist told us she would let Scott know we were running late.

When we arrived, I introduced myself to Scott, and he didn’t even seem to remember who we were. I thought he was joking. Then he told us they had already taken a deposit on the truck the day before, and it took a minute before I realized he was serious. He went to his manager’s office to discuss the situation, and after about 10 minutes came back and told us there was nothing he could do, that he had been very busy and forgot to call us, and that he did not receive the message we left with the receptionist.

We were flabbergasted. Even more insulting was that his manager hid in his office and didn’t even come out to apologize to us.

While there was nothing more we could do other than get back in the car and drive home (more than 400 miles/ 8 hours roundtrip), I’m hoping that I can return the favor by letting potential customers of Porsche of Annapolis how they can expect to be treated.

While I can’t fault them for selling the car to the first person that left a deposit (we had not committed to buy the truck), their not calling us and telling us not to make the trip is nothing short of amazing. Once the truck was “taken” and they knew they were not going to sell us a vehicle, my wife and I were not even worth a phone call to them.

I hope you will pass my experience on to anyone who you might know who is thinking of doing business there, thanks.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate dealings. Seems this is the norm anymore with all new car dealers. They only worry about making that deal. Not about keeping you or any other customer as a future sale. Sad they don't understand the meaning of "customer relations".