Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Cayenne (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-10/)
-   -   2005 Base Cayenne Gas Mileage (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-10/2005-base-cayenne-gas-mileage-6086/)

Big Bob 06-05-2008 07:38 AM

RE: 2005 Base Cayenne Gas Mileage

I would recommend taking the car in anyway. As some items say brake fluid change time expire as well as by mileage. So play safe.
Regards Big Bob

Mikkol109 07-03-2008 07:33 PM

thanks for the input! I found another way to help with gas.. I just took out the spare tire to lessen the weight of the car.. we'll see how much that helps.
Also for 2005 i have the perilli tires the thread seems to be low already with only 6000 miles and not much aggressive driving.. Is this normal because the car is so heavy?

Big Bob 07-04-2008 02:20 AM

My general experience of Pirrelli Tires, is thay give you good handling but not durability in terms of miles per change.Sorry
Big Bob

Cordsig79 07-21-2008 05:04 PM

Hi all, I think taking out the spare tire etc is a huge risk to save 4 bucks a month in Gas. Recently I had a flat 150 miles north of Dallas. It was on a Sunday and getting it towed to a dealership or mechanic certified was very expensive.

I will say the collabsible tire is very neat, compact, and light weight compared to others. However, the pump was not strong enough to work! Luckily the farm I had the flat in front of had a massive air pump. They and myself were entertained to watch the ingenuity at work. Its best to have that tire my friend.

We are driving 50-100k SUVs whats 5 bucks? I bought an 06 Cayenne Base and put 55k on it 2 years this November. Its been my daily mule.......pulling my boat and miles for work. Its safe and stylish and I have the best office of any of my friends! The poor dealership has had some shocks from my escapades in the Cayenne........bought it and brought it back with 4 flats.......went off roading after purchasing.......the diamars steel belts snapped. Broken windshields and rub marks all over the paint from offroading through brush..........ive really worked the car and its been fine with just oil changes and new tires and brakes.

Alot of people ask me why I bought my Cayenne.........its because I drive a porsche and tow a boat........nuff said.

SWISS 2 07-28-2008 07:26 PM

We had the wonderful boom-box in place of the spare when we boughtours new. An absolute item of waste: It hardly worked, turning on and off as it liked. It was removed and stored for a garage sale or the dump someday. And it came with the DUH not DUB Turbo wheels.

I looked at the temporary spare offered, including the bottle of green slime flat tire liquid, and thoughts came to mind. Heading to Lake Havasu towing a boat, back in the hills of the Wine Country in Santa Barbara, DTLA at midnight, and up in the snow in lake Arrowhead.

So I asked the dealer(nicely) early in the first month if I could swap the Turbos for the Cayenne spoke rims, and he did it for no charge. Apparently everyone butus wanted Turbos. In fact, as he had extras I asked him for a fifth. full sized spare rim, andthat toowas included free.

Ok, it takes a low half of the rear cargo area sitting on it's back. However, It's covered and doesn't show, along with the Rimowa box and other items.

But when my wife had her two flats in two years, she wasn't stuck in the Desert, or beyond cellphone and therefore tow truck range. A quick fix, with volunteers stepping up out of nowhere AT NIGHT to help each time, and 15 minutes later back on the road.The only delay or casualty was one spanner,forgotten in the rain,and grabbed apparently. $ 10 bucks at any local auto parts store.

Sure, gas cost is a pain right now. Especially when it's a Turbo S and not a 6. But I would throw out a lot of other things before I would 86 a spare wheel and tire.

Mileage ? The Cayenne is a beautiful heavy Teutonic tank, big nostrils,with J-Lo's rear hips. Maintain your ride, your tires and tire pressure, don't rev or gun it, and think safety.