Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

buyin cayenne s

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Default RE: buyin cayenne s

I do really like the VW Toureg and that V10 TDI power plant. However, it is not cheap. The base price for a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S is $57900 while the 2008 VW Toureg 2 with the V10 TDI is a whopping $68320! Since this thread was really more about the Cayenne S, I'd say the Cayenne S is the bargain here!! Of course the V8 version of the Toureg is $20K cheaper than its twin turbo brother.
I have my eye on that Cayenne GTS...too cool to drive an SUV with a 6 spd manual!!! But not for soccer moms and that's why I like it.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:02 PM

Geez BMW 550! Forget the valium today? Tough divorce? Boss riding you hard? Own a BMW dealership?
This is not about outrunning something...if I want to make that statement, I just get in my Ford GT.
A bigger question is why would anyone buy a BMW M5? the I-drive? Scary in any sort of bad weather?I'd rather have an Audi RS4! much better car at a cheaper price. Notice you did not mention any cars other than BMW???
The X5 is a good car for only road use. No tow capacity or offroad capability. And I tow a car not a boat. Range Rovers have never had good road manners, although all agree they are goodoff road. The Cayenne excels in all of these areas. For me to have what the Cayenne offers, I would need 2 cars. And you don't need the Cayenne Turbo for this...you can get all of this in a Cayenne S or even the base model.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:32 AM

Nothin matches the Cayenne! Go tell your mom to buy it today!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM

many of the electrical kinks people talk about were in the earlier vehicles these trucks have 5-8 computers depending on model and something like 3-5 miles of wiring in them. the 04 05 release worked out many of these bugs. The 08 redesign really has not had any problems that have been noticed as of yet. The power lift gate took away many of the objections from the female customer. The LR/RR has some reliability problems to say the least and resale problems etc. The bmw is a nice car with a great warranty. The lexus is a good passenger vehicle but is not a drivers car. the mercedes i dont really have an opinion on we have a merc dealership also and i have done some trade in values on the GL450 and i know they do not hold resale value 72k truck in july was offered 50 to trade in dec. Thats just painful.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:17 AM

I really do think the RS4 is a better car than the M5. I am friends with a local BMW dealership, which by the way has some of the best service of any dealership I have ever dealt with. One of my buddies has a RS4. The RS4 is sometimes compared to the M3, but it is actually better compared to the M5, considering how it would likely be used. Anyway, I have had the opportunity to drive both. Also, check out this link on the RS4 vs M5. My problem with the M5 is not that it is not a great car...it is, but just has too many interfering electronics...you never feel like you are really driving the car...it's driving you. Some of this article summarizes my feelings as well.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119784

Regarding offroading, most has involved fire roads and forestry roads, mostly in north Georgia where I have family. The rate limiting factor for the Cayenne is the tires...the adjustable suspension and locking differentials work well offroad but high performance tires do not. Kinda like have strong athletic legs but hiking in wingtips!
These are just my opinions, others likely feel different.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 AM

dude you ramble on about how bad the current porsche line up is and yet tout the bmw line like you work for them. Bmw makes nice cars however they do not make anything like porsche. be serious the 911 interior is not cheap the only way you could come to that conclusion is a base 911 which lets face it is base for your cost concerned people. The bmw 5 series has a cheap interior. the 335 will not out run a cayenne turbo ive driven both. Dude get off it bmw makes nice passenger vehicles and the m3 is great for what it is. But it does not compare to anything with a horse on the hood. ive worked in 3 car lines audi bmw and porsche and audi and bmw are similar porsche however is well porsche. lets face it drink decaf and realize that if you want a passenger car your bmw is nice but if you want to really have a drivers car well it doesnt make the cut. two different product lines with two different design intentions.

The range rover good god man thats a rolling pos. sorry if you have one and like which i have heard rare cases of. But LR and RR are middle of the line its why they keep getting bought and sold like 2 dollar hookers on a pay day. If your really concerned about ride comfort buy a lexus or cadillac they ride smooth. If you are a para military buy a hummer but buy stock in oil refineries also and buy a service plan.

WE get it you like your Big V8 bmw we get it. But it is by far not the end all be all car. Thats not to say porsche is but if your looking for a sports car well they may have what your looking for.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 PM

wow. this thread has really stayed alive.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:58 PM

To keep this thread alive:
1) Auto Motor und Sport did a comparison between the X5 and the Cayenne S and decided the X5 was better, mostly because of the option prices.
2) The transmission "lag" has been correcte by the addition of the "Sport" button in the middle console. On the normal, non-sport setting, the card does use 2nd gear when at a standstill. On the sport setting, the transmission downshifts to 1st gear and does its best to push you into the driver's seat .

I just upgraded from an 06 Cayenne to an 08 Cayenne S and the difference is more than noticeable. After all, I went from 265hp to 385hp. The sound is terrific, reaction is great and top speed is great too. I'm still missing the mp3 player connectivity option, but I guess I'll have to live with it for now.