Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Cayenne heater problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:19 PM
stv
Default Cayenne heater problem

Hi All,

This is my first post having recently purchased my first ever Porsche cayenne.
As happy as I am with the car, I have one major problem, The Heater!!!
It has been blowing cold air at the drivers side even though it is turned up to maximum temperature whilst the passenger side gets nice warm air.

I had it into a garage today and they returned it to me stating that their diagnostic machine could not get into it to read the fault therefore they were unable to carry out any repair work. sounds to me like they did not want to take on the job.

Anyway my initial thoughts on this were that one of the servos controlling the directional flaps has stopped working and having removed both passenger and driver side under dash covers I can only see servos at the passenger side which all appear to move freely when changing heater controls.

I will add that this car is a right hand drive model and I did read somewhere else that there is another servo located behind the parking brake lever in the drivers footwell which involves having to remove the whole dashboard just to get to it. is this mad?

Can anybody advise me on this if they have had a similar experience and a possible solution to fixing it?

With winter here already and temperatures dropping below 0 deg my biggest problem is not the cold numb feeling you get whilst driving it but mostly trying to keep the front windscreen clear without misting up as I cant get the heat up to the screen.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:58 AM
stv

Is this going to be another one of those unanswered threads on this forum just like so many others?
I'm sure I am not the only one to have experienced this problem so any other opinions would be grateful.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by stv
Hi All,

This is my first post having recently purchased my first ever Porsche cayenne.
As happy as I am with the car, I have one major problem, The Heater!!!
It has been blowing cold air at the drivers side even though it is turned up to maximum temperature whilst the passenger side gets nice warm air.

I had it into a garage today and they returned it to me stating that their diagnostic machine could not get into it to read the fault therefore they were unable to carry out any repair work. sounds to me like they did not want to take on the job.

Anyway my initial thoughts on this were that one of the servos controlling the directional flaps has stopped working and having removed both passenger and driver side under dash covers I can only see servos at the passenger side which all appear to move freely when changing heater controls.

I will add that this car is a right hand drive model and I did read somewhere else that there is another servo located behind the parking brake lever in the drivers footwell which involves having to remove the whole dashboard just to get to it. is this mad?

Can anybody advise me on this if they have had a similar experience and a possible solution to fixing it?

With winter here already and temperatures dropping below 0 deg my biggest problem is not the cold numb feeling you get whilst driving it but mostly trying to keep the front windscreen clear without misting up as I cant get the heat up to the screen.

Try Ambient temperature sensor, when its faulty it still wont throw a code becaause it reports temp of 0 degrees

Old 07-19-2020, 03:07 PM

where is the ambient temp sensor located ?