Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Cayenne vs Caddy SRX

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Default Cayenne vs Caddy SRX

Trying to decide on which to buy and would appreciate any insights. Both are 2005 models, both are v6. Cayenne is pure base model with Tiptronic and floor mats (that's it). Caddy has ultraroof, heated seats, wood trim and a few other small options. The Caddy is still $3k less than the Cayenne.

Leaning towards the Porsche thinking it will have better long term value, but not sure the "brand" power is same with the SUV.

Any thoughts out there on this topic?

Appreciate any insights.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Default hummm........ Cayenne vs Caddy SRX

now, that caddy is faster and sportyer looking, but the porsche is nicer and looks like you spent more money........ reply back and help me out!

j.j cambece cambece

Old 12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Default RE: hummm........ Cayenne vs Caddy SRX

Actually, I think I would go with the Caddy unless you want the "Porsche" image and mystique (which I've never been into).

I personally do not like the looks of the Cayenne but think the SRX is okay.

I would expect the Caddy to be much lower on maintenance and service cost over time and that would be the tie-breaker for me.
I've owned three Caddys and several other GM cars and they were all: durable as hell. Needed next to no maintenance except routine stuff in years and year. Were always cheap to service.

I don't think you can say that about any Porsche.

I would also shop around and see if I could drive a bargain and get a V8 SRX somehow for close to the same price - that is a quite a nice car