Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

mixed feelings....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Default mixed feelings....

I have been waiting for the longest time to buy a new car... I have an old Nissan now, and did a lot of research about all different types of cars before I came across the Porsche Cayenne

SO... I decided to do a little bit of research after seeing a few on the road and really getting to like them.

Most of the info I found had to deal the issues one could find with the car. However, for almost every car, there are good and bad things to be said. I chose to take a test drive of the car, now, I know that there are a few models, but, the Turbo was what I was interested in most.

The test-drive was great, everything seemed to impress me, except the gauges at first. I felt that the last two no the end were "prematurely" cut off and a better layout could have been achieved. Anyway, the rest of the ride was great, the feel, the speed, and the handling for me was great, I was surprised to get such a responsive reaction from an SUV. I thought Porsche at its best!

my test drive of a A4/S4/IS350/x5/TL/ML/ were great in their own respects, however, the Porsche for some reason left that "I wanna go drive it again..." feeling.

After a few days of deliberation, and money/paperwork, the choice was made and a blue Porsche Cayenne Turbo was all MINE

Like I said, the drive was great and the car was well worth it in every aspect. And yes, even the gauge cluster grew on me. And I started to praise the car to anyone I spoke to... apparently, I spoke too soon.

The Engine would Rev way to high and stay at like 4grand for about a minute then return back to normal, cabin lights would flicker at random times, the back hatch would get stuck at certain times and then remain open even if the car was locked.

I had the dealer fix these problems which took place over like a 3 month period, and so far, I’m still driving it, but my confidence in the car comes into question every time I start it.

IF YOU buy a one of these SUV's used, please make sure you get a good warranty plan for the car, otherwise your pockets better run deep because the car will most likely need it.