Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

remote key/ immobilizer issue

Old 06-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Default remote key/ immobilizer issue

good day. I have a problem with remote.
yesterday i dropped the remote. after some time when came back to car, i could not start the engine. after several times i went home. realized that there is sime noise from remote. opened it and saw that 1 electronic component is broken. so i soldered it.

the remote functions now. but the cars immobilizer is activate. so i cant do anthing with the car.

is there a procedure to unlock the immobilizer? or i have to ask for re-programmning/ changing DME?

thanks

Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 AM

So, here is update. I put together the key, played with buttons etc. The car recognized the key

It can now lock/unlock, and the dash comes on. But still does not start. I thought it is the dead battery. So I hooked up jumpers. Still cant start...

here are what I read from other forums:

1) 2nd battery.. how many batteries does cayenne have?? I thought only 1, under the seat...what is this 2nd battery, which supposed to be located underneath the spare tire in the trunk?

2) Starter failed...one mechanic says there can be coolant seepage below the intake, which will destroy the starter after time..

I'm stuck....

Old 06-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Folks,

is this a most serious problem so NOONE knows even a small hint to start hunting for troubleshooting?