Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Say Something Good

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Default Say Something Good

I'm new to Porches and new to the forum. Wife and I bought a '04 Cayenne S a few weeks ago. Low, low miles. Seems like a fantastic SUV. Started poking around online and found this forum. After reading what seems like the majority of posts, it seems like the Cayenne is about to turn into a headache. So, other than excessive tire wear, does anyone love their Cayenne and/or have (near) trouble free service? I'm kinda bummed now about the future with it. BTW, we bought an '02 911 Carrera for ME last week too but I want her to be happy and have a safe, dependable SUV. So somebody say some good stuff about "her" new SUV.

Cheers

Joe

Old 07-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: Say Something Good

Finally got the acceleration problem fixed with a software patch so I am back to loving my 2006. I have 15,000 miles on it and tires are wearing fine. My husband thinks that I will get another 10k on them so we are happy with that.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:59 PM

I have a 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and absolutely love it. I have put >10K miles on it (bought it with 5K untitled) and, other than a blinker light replacement, have had no problems. Like most turbos, it has some turbo lag until the acceleration kicks in. My only real complaint is the key fob which has one button for both unlocking and locking the car. Most fobs have 2 separate buttons (All 2006 Cayennes now have this). The Cayenne is very capable on the road and off-road (I am one of the few owners who actually does this). Porsche specs the Cayenne S and Turbo with high performance tires, and the trade off for excellent traction and cornering is that they wear fast. I would never put tires with a low speed rating on these vehicles.
Owned a BMW X5 prior to this car. Compared to the base Cayenne, I think the base 3.0 X5 is a better vehicle. However, the Cayenne S and Turbo IMHO are more technologically advanced, especially if you have the ride height adjustment (standard on Turbo and optional on the S) which allows you to drive on the highway at a lower, more carlike height (greatly improves handling).
NO REGRETS!!

Old 10-03-2006, 08:56 PM

Well I can say the Cayenne is fun, very safe, and a fast car. Richard Hammonds crashed a porsche cayenne while filming a tv programme. Air bags deployed as planned and front end absorbed the crash...as planned. You will be happy in the future for sure.

Mike

Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 PM

I am the proud owner of a 2006 Cayenne. My Cayenne has about 8500 miles on it and I have not had one problem with you. The car handles like a dream on and off road. In my opinion just take care of it and it will take care of you.
Dante

Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 PM

There is not alot good to say about them,

It handles really well. eh um thats it I think.

I bought one in september last year in ten months it broke down ten times, had a new engine fitted, eventualy the computer shut the car down. My patience finally gave way when Porsche Edinburgh refused to refund me for the car and dropped it in my drive and put the keys through the letterbox. I have had to resort to lawyers to get my money back. Both Porsche GB and Porsche Edinburgh are the worst car dealers I have ever dealt with they treat their customers with contempt. The porsche experience is a joke it has been the worse experience of car buying I have ever had. I could bore you with all the details but it would take too long.

If you have a desire to own a porsche go buy a used 911 from an independent dealer in my experience they work alot harder for your business.