Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Unreliable Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Default Unreliable Electronics

I bought a Cayenne S from the dealer, used but with extended warranty from Porsche. The electronics are erratic to put it nicely, unreliable would be closer. It doesn't hold unlock programming for more than 2 days, I set it to unlock all doors and it goes back to single door. The rear passenger door unlocks sometimes, the TPM doesn't work and I've taken it 3 times to the dealer they can't find what's wrong. The climate control goes to 22 C on its own for no reason again, sometimes. The air suspension started displaying a warning and they replaced the battery, problem solved. The memory seats did not work and they replaced some parts and now they work. There is a reddish mark on the carpet in the rear driver side as if somebody spilled juice, now I noticed the same reddish mark in the driver floor, both are covered by the mats but it must have been a gallon of juice to stain both front and rear areas. I'm wondering if this car had a water damage and the computer could have been affected

Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Cayenne's are known to have electrical gremlins. I am currently fighting a turbo that has ghosts in the electrical system....not fun.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 PM

Same here. I've had a few electrical glitches with my Cayenne as well...hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix.