Notices
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

68 911S for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
DSI
Default 68 911S for sale

Car is currently on e-bay, reserve set, find it there to bid if interested, thanks and feel free to e-mail for more pics or questions.

1968 911 S Car
Offering a 68 911S car to a new home. First a little about what I know of the car (history). I purchased the car from a local resident to my town about 6 years ago, he was to the best of my knowledge the second owner of the car making me the third. As you know 68 was not a year that these were in the US so it was sent over by the original owner. This was the 50th 68 built.
The original owner I understand had given it to his son who was attempting to do a color change and some updates and fell short of finishing the car and eventually the father took the car back which then sat in his garage for years under cover until he finally offered it for sale. The person I bought the car from bought it and completed the car paint and some interior work in approx 1999-2000 less the front and rear glass. I purchased the car approx 6 years ago for my collection as I have always wanted one of the great S cars. As many of us have found oursleves I just have not had the time to enjoy the car the way I would like to and figured it was a good time to offer it to a new home.
Ok the car. It has been determined to be a 68 911S car. It has what I have decoded to be a 69 911e engine with Weber carbs on it. In approx 99-2000 the car was repainted Red, new carpet was installed, new brakes were installed and many misc bushings etc when the car was painted. The paint job was extensive where it was jammed properly as the pictures will show. When I bought the car I did drive it back and forth locally a few times as I was excited to finially have one of these great cars but less the windshield I did not have yet I did not rack a ton of miles on. The engine ran great, sounded great, did not smoke and trans shifted nicely, it did and does however need a fuel pump and battery. The car since I have owned it has always been under cover on stands in my heated and air conditioned shop at home, never sat outside.
Overall this is a clean car with very little flaws for the year, needs some finishing touches but dont they all when they are this age. Great car to be a driver or finish and add to the collection of a fast growing and high demand car.
I have a clean title, the car has a "porsche" marked key, car is all together less front and rear glass, battery. If anyone needs anything else please let me know.
This really is a great S car and I will be sad to see it go but no time and really no more room in the garage, it's time. Take advantage now!

VIN#11800050
Door tag numbers = 11800050 & 67-6804-G
Engine number top pass side = 901/09 211 68
Engine number running vertical top of engine to right of fan pulley = *6291062*
Top fan shroud number = 901 106 101 5R
Front trunk number by shock tower = *11800050*
Clean and clear title matches VIN#
Car sold "as is" "where is", buyer responsible for shipping and or delivery.

See link for pics, send e-mail if you want more, I have lots of them all angles

Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Default RE: 68 911S for sale

Hi,

What are you asking?
I have a very nice, freash,original 67S motor, currently in a 914.

Pat