Notices
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

86.5 5 speed going to the yard if not sold

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Default 86.5 5 speed going to the yard if not sold

86.5 5 speed going to the yard if not sold.

That is unless someone comes up with 7G. 86.5 5 speed, turbocharged 4.5L motor cup wheels, electromotive tec III and 45 # injectors. You can also have a spare tired 4.5L motor or the original 5L bent valve motor.

Otherwise I will part it out.
I will not list this car again on Ebay.

I hate to part this car out since I am the third owner, it is straight and these 5 speeds are rare.

Description......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...TRK%3AMEUS%3AIT

Photos

http://www.pbase.com/tammons/cars&page=1

Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Default RE: 86.5 5 speed Description

Vehicle Description

1986.5 Porsche 928s, TURBOCHARGED TECIII

No haggling, The TEC III is going on my other turbo car if I part it out. This car needs work, so if you can handle it keep on reading.

Fuel injection........

TECIII fuel injection with 45# injectors, and a lot of custom work. See pictures. Includes laptop.

Engine...........

79 4.5L low compression engine. Its a little tired but still has a lot of life left. +- 100k miles on the engine. New (not rebuilt) water pump, timing belt, rebuilt alternator, Sandon AC compressor, no power steering. The rack is tight, but needs to have the end seals replaced. One minor leak in PS hose.

I also have a spare very tired 4.5L engine that goes with the deal or the original 5L bent valve engine with no upper intake. just the long block. No electronics for the 5L.

Lots of Aeroquip.

Turbo setup.......

Single on center T04 turbo good for about 450hp. These can be hybred build up to 600+. This stock turbo was previously run on a 350 chevy nova in the mid 11's. I replaced the center cartridge (new) about 4000 miles ago. Deltagate wastegate set up for 6-7 psi. All custom exhaust manifold work by me. All weld el 1/8" wall steel construction and very heavy duty. I have been driving this setup for 3 years with no problems. Cat delete. Custom exhaust manifold on the passenger side, stock manifold on the drivers side with crossover tube. Air pump deleted. Stainless steel hard line radiator tubing. All silicone connectors. 3 core fluidyne radiator.

Estimate about 350-400hp and a ton of torque. Never dynoed it. You can run the numbers here. It is fast enough to blow off a new M3. Blows off the tires from a 25mph roll in 1st or a 40 mph roll in 2nd.

http://www.turbofast.com.au/javacalc.html

The stock 4.5 L motor should be good for 10-12 psi as long as you keep the charge cool and avoid detonation. I have been driving it at 6-7 psi.

Drive train........

Recent clutch, about a year ago, new PP, new DIscs, new TO bearing. The clutch is dragging and I think it needs an intermediate plate. Good torque tube, Transaxle was rebuilt about 3.5 years ago just before I bought it. CV joints are good. Brakes are good. Cup repro wheels with new rear tires and thin front tires.

Body........

Decent, but could use paint. Its a 10 footer. Front spolier is broken out in the middle, I have the front grill, but the plastic uprights are broken, minor surface rust (very small) at the spoiler, rear quarter winow (see pic). Some paint fading on hood, and top. paint spyder crack on the front bumper cover. Rear bumper seems to be pushed in, but I have a replacement, under bumper.

Interior. Typical rough for a 18YO 928. It is livable, but.....

Maroone leather interior, black s4 seats. The seats are in good shape except for the crack in the photo in the driver seat. The passenger seat has a 1" tear on the back corner, that could be glued. Pass seat switch is broken, but I think i have a replacement. Dash rough, Pod small cracks, DS door panel rough, PS door panel not too bad, Tops of rear seats rough, headliner good. Rear quarter leather rough. Carpet, well its 4 out of 10, but it is all there. Momo steering wheel.

I am the 3rd owner of this car.

What is wrong or needs repair besides the body and interior.

Hood latch cable is broken. One ABS sensor is out. Gas guage reads low. Cruise control does not work. Dragging clutch. PS window motor is out. I think it needs an upper A arm on the drivers side.

It needs a good bit of work, but the FI system is worth 4G and a turbo setup is 3G min.

Best thing is to send it out for paint and buy a complete interior from 928intl.

More bigger pictures here.

http://www.pbase.com/tammons/cars&page=1

Any questions feel free.

Also forgot to add......

All new clutch hydaulics, master and slave, new rubber clutch pressure line at $80, new brake master, converted to dot 5 fluid.

Also it needs the glass for the outside mirrors on both sides.