Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here...

Wheel Shine Wipes

Old 03-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Default Wheel Shine Wipes

I thought I remembered seeing some tire shine wipes advertized somewhere but don't seen to be able to find them anywhere. I hate the spray as it gets everywhere. Does anyone know who does the wipes and where one can get them or was I smoking something and they don't exist.

Second question, I have a 2002 996, what's the best wax to use and is there anything as waxing a car too often.

Third question, the left hand side of the leather drivers sit is already starting to crack a little. Is this normal on a car this young? I've seen similar on older cars. My car is certified used Porsche can they do anything?

Old 03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Default RE: Wheel Shine Wipes

Try Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. It does a good job softening the leather, smells nice (like natural leather), and is easy to use. I also like how the seats aren't slippery and greasy afterwards.

What color is the 996? My favorite combo for lighter cars is Klasse All In One topped with Pinnacle Signature Series, but for darker cars, I go with Wolfgang sealant topped with Pinnacle Souveran.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Default RE: Wheel Shine Wipes

Noticed the post is from 05 so this is a little late but.... Zymol is the best - especially for black .

Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Well for tire shine wipes one can visit any body shop and if they don't have it then just placing an order will get the product soon. Regarding leather seats, a new car mostly does not get cracks in a seat, but still a suitable covering can be put to avoid cracks.