Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Beware Chicago Motor Cars dealership!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Default Beware Chicago Motor Cars dealership!!!!!

2/28/12
Just got screwed out of my car by a shady salesman at Chicago Motor Cars. We agreed on price last Friday night. I offered to give him deposit over the phone then. He said no, he would call me Saturday to take it. He said he would remove the car from the floor and take it off the market so don't sweat not giving him the deposit right then. He never called Saturday, didn't return my call Saturday night. Sunday he emailed me and asked if I could get my leasing agent to call him and get everything set up. He again said everything was good to go with the car. Ran into a brief snafu with the leasing agent on rate on Monday but he said he had spoke with the salesman and assured him everything was fine. Salesman emailed me this morning and stated he sold the car. I called the manager who said he would look into it but never called me back. The salesman's name is Michael Simon so if the above story doesn't scare you off from that Dealership, at least ask for a different salesman.

Update: Apparently it got back to the owner that I had posted my experience on the Nissan GTR forum. He called me personally and after I explained what had happened to me, he apologized my experience and stated he would stop the sale of the car to the other guy and let me have it! Hopefully, this will all be remedied tomorrow and I will finally have my GTR. I will edit my original post to contain this but don't know how to change the post headline. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow after I have some sort of written confirmation that the car is mine. I am really stoked and thanks again to the members who put a bug in the owner's ear.

3/6/12 Update

My last update reported that the owner (Farin Shah) of Chicago Motor Cars had called me and apologized for the inconvenience and told me he would sell the car to me. That was last Tuesday (Feb 28). The next day my finance guy was getting the paperwork together and Farin called me back early in the afternoon. He told me that the other guy that wanted the car was very upset and if he didn't get this one he was going to take his money elsewhere. Farin then told me that he had found another 2011 SS GTR with 200 fewer miles that he was going to buy for $2-4,000 less than I had agreed to pay for the original car and he would sell it to me at his cost if I agreed to let the other guy have the current one. I told him as long as I was getting basically the same car, that would be fine. He thanked me and told me he would call me back in a few hours with the VIN# and final price so I could get my financial guy to get paperwork started. Then he never called me back. I left him a message that night. Another the next morning. He finally called me back later in the afternoon and told me the same thing (same car, less money, call you in 2 hours with details). That was last Thursday and I haven't heard from him since. I have left numerous messages pleading for a brief update but got no call backs. The really interesting thing is that during that time (while he had me on the hook), the other car that I was looking at and had reported about previously in another thread http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....-2010-vs-2011/ was purchased by none other than Chicago Motor Cars. I will let you draw your own conclusion about that.
The thing that I didn't mention in my original update was that during the first phone call I had with him where he apologized and offered me the car again, he seemed to be more concerned that I had posted the experience on here than the fact that I had gone through the experience. He really harped on me changing the post. I have held off posting this until today under the delusion that he was actually going to get and sell me a car for his cost and that he actually gives a crap about customers not buying a $200,000 Lambo.
This has been a nightmare and I hope anyone considering a purchase with them will think twice about it.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:31 AM

The business of automobile is very booming in the market and many people are interested in it.There are many automobile dealers around the world and if you are interested in dealership in Chicago then it will be great.