Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Central FL Trackday, Gainesville Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Default Central FL Trackday, Gainesville Raceway

We are putting on a Track Day at the Gainesville Raceway Roadcourse. The date that has been set and reserved for April 27th, from 9-5. There are 19 total slots available, we have capped the number of drivers to 20, to keep costs down and allow for each driver to get maximum seat time. Last trackday we had almost an hour left of track time but everyone was too tired, you get your money's worth!

It is an open trackday, which means we have the track all to ourselves from 9-5. 8 full hours of track time for 20 people, which equates to roughly 90 minutes of seat time per person. This is based on having 4 people on track at a time, running about 15 minute sessions. This has worked out very well in the past and everyone had more than enough time on the track. We keep it very casual and relaxed, not set run groups. Just line up in the pit lane when you want to run, and when there is an opening the safety steward will let you on the track. You can run as many laps at a time as you'd like, but to be courteous, try to keep it around 15 minutes each time (session). This will allow everyone to get out there and more importantly will allow your car and yourself to cool down and recharge.

I have posted the track layout below. The red line and arrows indicates the course layout we will be following. The dark blue line indicates the pit lane where cars will line up to get pointed onto the track. The light blue line indicates where you can park your car when you are taking a break/waiting. The yellow arrows indicate the pit lane exit onto the raceway and the pit lane entrance off of the raceway. The grass to either side of pit lane will be where you can setup chairs, tents, cooler, tarps, tools and relax.
The track will have insurance paid for the day and we will have EMTs on site, just in case. There will be safety stewards and workers out there to make sure everyone is operating safely. You are welcome to bring a small tarp or tent to stay shaded and I would highly recommend bringing some snacks, beverages and lunch. As there are no concessions on site and the closest restaurant is quite a good distance away. Since we are using the center of the track as our pits you must get there before the running starts, otherwise you will have to wait for the cars to stop before being allowed on track. There will be no leaving or entering the track/pits when the track is "hot" (cars running).

You must wear a shirt, long pants, closed toe shoes and have a Snell rated helmet to drive. Also make sure your car is in good runing condition and would pass a safety tech inspection. No passengers will be allowed in vehicle on the track. The general rule is that you go 4 wheels off 3 times and you're done for the day. This is to keep it safe for the other drivers out there. You are welcome to bring any friends who want to attend, they can stay in the pits or within a safe area for pictures.
Cost for the full trackday is $150. Simply email me and give your full name, type of car and if anyone will be accompanying you. I will provide payment information if a slot is available, paypal is preferred. If we get over the 20 quota I will start a standby list. You can contact me at godzillax77@hotmail.com . I must receive your full payment no later than Wednesday April 9th. So hurry up and get your spot!

Track Layout:
Name:  raceway2-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  29.4 KB

Old 03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Default RE: Central FL Trackday, Gainesville Raceway

That's a good deal and an awesome track. Wish I was closer to Fla