Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

need creative plates for car i inherited

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Default need creative plates for car i inherited

So my great uncle was an oddball to say the least. Among the many many toys he bought in the last 20 years of his life included a 1982 Porsche 928.

I was not aware of this fact, but it is the car Al Pacino drives in Scarface.

heres the wiki, i guess slightly helpful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_928

So my family who all lives in the same town have had a sorta ongoing tradition of vanity plates taht have dual meaning, part of which is a reference to our family.

My great grandfather had a mercedes with his initials as the plate: WHM

My grandad, a biochemist, had NAD and NADP. These are both chemicals he studied in his career, and also a reference to his marriage, the family names being Anderson and Derr. It is also my aunt's initials.

My father has his own initials, and my mother later got her own initials mixed with my dads into DBARKA, which kinda sounds like debark, "To unload, as from a ship or an airplane." which is somewhat travel themed, and fits with our many roadtrips.

My sister has my mothers' maiden name and her birthyear as Wood78.

So, following all that logic, i need vanity plates for my porsche 928

My initials are RBA, and my late uncle was PRK. My mom says "PRK" kinda looks like "*****" which is not something anyone wants to advertise. The car is a 1982, and so is my own birth year. I work at a coffee shop that is not a starbucks, so i was considering PERK, though it kinda sounds like a yappy type dog. I am very laidback and hippy-esque in lifestyle, and i dont want to display any sorta cocaine-rage a'la Scarface.

If anyone likes wordplay and would like to throw out a suggestion, that would be cool.

I guess i should add that i live in USA, and i believe we are limited to 8 characters A-Z, 0-9, no punctuations, but spaces are allowed.