Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Porsche newbie here - help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Default Porsche newbie here - help!

Hey guys,

I just bought my first Porsche - a black on black 2000 911 Carrera Cabriolet w/39k miles, 6spd of course - I absolutely love it so far, but had a few simple questions... if anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it

1) I need to replace the headlights on the car and was wondering if anyone would be able to walk me through it (the car didn't come with an owners manual, I ordered one but it will take a few months to get it)

2) I am noticing that the battery usage/voltage is usually around "14" which is slightly higher than right smack in the middle... is this normal?

3) my temperature guage seems a little more sensitive than my old car (E36 BMW) and moves slightly, depending on how I drive the car - it never goes past the first line, or anywhere close to red, but is that normal to have minor temperature fluctuation or is it more likely that I have a problem with the sensor?

Here comes the stupid question... the oil guage on the far right... what does that mean? LOL i see that the guage is around "5" when im accelerating or in gear and the revs are between 3k-4k and then stabilizes around "2" when i go back into neutral or stopped at a light etc - is THAT normal? does that guage reflect the temperature of the oil or the consumption? ugh, im such a newbie lol thanks for any help I may receive

Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Hi, right 1st question. Here's a Youtube video detailing the removal of said lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65x8G1f6AI

2nd Question. If it's like the 944's guage, then yes it'll always run slightly higher than 12volts if your charging system is okay.

3rd question. I'm not sure how sensitive the reading on the guage is, but it most proberbly okay.

Stupid Question. It's not the temperature of the oil or the consumption, it the oil pressure.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and Porsche ownership.

Why not post some pic's of your Porsche on here so we can all see your pide and joy!

All the best, Kev.

Last edited by CTiggerPigglet; 03-22-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Default Thank you

Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it

I will post some pics in the appropriate section, and will def take more in the next couple weeks once the weather gets nicer and I can drop the top

Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Cool

Cool, can't wait!